Search results

1. greneis7

Aiptasia

I started with one of these little buggers several weeks ago... last night I counted FIVE! I tried grabbing one with tweezers - ha ha, I know. How can I get rid of them???
  2. greneis7

Flame Scallop

Won't be adding this for quite some time, but I was curious what kinds of experiences you all have had with Flame Scallops. I've read good and bad, and was looking for some personal experiences. Thanks!!
  3. greneis7

Started out as Ich

So the Ich is clearing up, Nemo is down to one spot very white spot and the others are quite faded. However, after work today I was looking at him and now his top fin has this weird white spot... I took pictures of both sides so that you can see that it is on both sides of the fin in the same...
  4. greneis7

A bed for Nemo

I really don't want to get an anemone in my tank and I know that clown fish don't NEED one. However, I would like to give him some kind of bed. Is there any other anemone looking corals that clowns take a liking too? Torch? Hammer? Anything?
  5. greneis7

Tank "stuff" has been sitting for 7 years

So my mother is giving me my father's 110gal setup and EVERYTHING that goes with it. RO unit, lights, steralizer, protein skimmer, you name it it's there. There was a rubbermaid of awesome rock that I've had seeding (now in two rubbermaids with live rock) for about a week in my kitchen. Yuck...
  6. greneis7

Is frogspawn mean?

I was thinking about getting frogspawn; does it usually have a problem with fish?
  7. greneis7

White Lightening Sponge problem

A few days ago, I woke up to find that someone had a party INSIDE of my tank while I was sleeping. I think it was a pretty wild one, because my zoanthids were all over the place and my sponge got knocked off it's rock. Since then, the sponge really hasn't opened. Tonight it has a few polyps...
  8. greneis7

Cramer's Critters

A few weeks ago I asked for suggestions as to who would be a good place to order from. Cramer's Critters was suggested and I am so glad I ordered from them! My ricordia looks awesome! The Zoanthids are only beginning to open after almost a week, but holy Moses did she send tons!!! There was...
  9. greneis7

What the heck is it?!?

Okay guys, I've been pouring over pictures of different corals trying to figure out what this is! This one is larger than mine, but kinda similar. She thought it might be brain coral. I'm going to post my terribly fuzzy picture and then hers. Please tell me what you think!!!
  10. greneis7

Plenum?

Do I need/want to put one in a 110gl under everything?
  11. greneis7

Seeding live rock

Hey guys! Going to start getting approx. 50lbs of "dead" rock ready for my new tank. I found this step by step and think it's pretty straight forward, please take a look and let me know what you think. •Fill the plastic tub with salt water. Livestockusa.org recommends a 35 gallon tub for 40...
  12. greneis7

Look at what you guys did!

So I had been reading everyone's updates and looking at new pictures for quite some time. My little guy asked me more than once to come sit with him on the couch, to which I replied - Give Mommy just one more minute. After a bit, I realized he stopped asking me and when I turned to see why...
  13. greneis7

Ricordia

I don't really want to mount the new ricordia I got on a rock or anything. I set him on the bottom and the current took him for a bit of a ride :redcar: I don't think it's permanent, but he kind of twisted himself into a figure eight now. How do I make him flat again?
  14. greneis7

Serpent/Brittle Star

Just recieved an online order and there was a hitch hiker star, not sure if it's a brittle or serpent. In any event, she lost one of her arms in transport... I found it as I was taking other frags out of the acclimation container. It appears to be moving all on it's own. Is this one of those...
  15. greneis7

Bta ??

I use the acronym guide - frequently! lol But this one isn't in there. I just read another thread that used this. What does it stand for?? Thanks!
  16. greneis7

Slimy strings?

The last two nights now there is this long slimy stringy thing that appears to be coming out of the rock. Last night it broke free and we used the net to scoop it up. It felt slimy. I took a picture, I know it isn't very good - but it's the best out of like 12 shots. Any idea what it is? Is...
  17. greneis7

Aptasia ??

Is this Aptasia? It started out with a few little stringy pieces and I thought it was a hair algae at first. Now there is more of it and I am thinking that it is something else. My peppermint doesn't touch the stuff. The emerald munched it a bit but hasn't been near it for a few days. I have...
  18. greneis7

A good star?

I came home and discovered this little guy on my glass. Not a brittle, so is this one that is going to get big, have a million babies, and become a problem?
  19. greneis7

Algae bloom

So I have hit the "algae is everywhere including on my glass" stage. The glass part literally happened overnight. I have three pet stores within a half hour that carry some salt "stuff". The only place that currently has any snails only has GINORMOUS Turbos. My tank is only 29gal so if I put...
  20. greneis7

Cap/Scroll/Montipora

These three look very similar to me. Is there a huge difference between these types? Is one easier than the others?