White Lightening Sponge problem

greneis7

A few days ago, I woke up to find that someone had a party INSIDE of my tank while I was sleeping. I think it was a pretty wild one, because my zoanthids were all over the place and my sponge got knocked off it's rock.
Since then, the sponge really hasn't opened. Tonight it has a few polyps open near the base, but nothing on top. Is it just pouting or could something more be wrong? :tears:

SaltwaterTank003.jpg

SecretAgent

Oh man Jen! Thats a cool sponge! I dont have any suggestions to offer but I can offer my concern....=) I hope its just pouting and not on its way out

greneis7

lol I couldn't help it.
But seriously, I don't know what happened, I woke up and everything was a mess.

greneis7

lol I couldn't help it.
But seriously, I don't know what happened, I woke up and everything was a mess.

SecretAgent

Thats what I wake up to a lot of the times as well. Fish peck at stuff, crabs be grabbin and pushin stuff, shrimp poke their limbs in everything....I get so mad at my clownfish for pushing and knocking everything over. I just dont like those fish much. Every time I place a coral somewhere, its like the brats have to sail it across the tank. That or they cover it with sand.....

greneis7

I think you're right Grendel. It opened up completely last night just before I was shut the lights off. All of the polyps looked good.
It's not open again, but I'm thinking maybe it's a girl and she's just mad at the whoever knocked her down, so she's giving everyone the "silent" treatment. I'm going to clean the tank on Wed so maybe I will put her in a different spot and see if she likes that better?