A bed for Nemo

greneis7

I really don't want to get an anemone in my tank and I know that clown fish don't NEED one. However, I would like to give him some kind of bed. Is there any other anemone looking corals that clowns take a liking too? Torch? Hammer? Anything?

BLAKEJOHN

Clowns will host in, near or around just about anything. But knowing what they may host is impossible. A torch would look nice and the possibility of the clown hosting it may be slightly better.

I wouldnt worry about looking for something for the clown but just look for what you want.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 John post above...

mind sleep on top of a trumpet coral

IMG_0780n.jpg

turbiville

My clown (kids named him Nemo too) loves the big Frogspawn in his tank. He is the only fish in there and is often resting peacefully in his bed.

dChSU.jpg

Adalius

The bare truth is Clownfish are a little promiscuous and will get hosted by just about anything. They tend to like things that have some tentacle-esque appearances to them like torch, frogspawn, hammer, etc, but as you can see above they'll even be hosted by trumpet coral and I've seen pics of them in the related candy cane coral as well.

smkndrgn142

My clown...after years of sleeping in a bed he made in the sand...took to hosting in a large colony of Zoas. He stays away from my hammer though.

jcgardner

I've seen pictures of them hosting toadstools too. Mine made a bed in the sand and stayed there for a long time.