Started out as Ich

greneis7

So the Ich is clearing up, Nemo is down to one spot very white spot and the others are quite faded.
However, after work today I was looking at him and now his top fin has this weird white spot... I took pictures of both sides so that you can see that it is on both sides of the fin in the same spot.
I took the camera to the LFS in hopes that he could tell me what it was so that I could buy a treatment. He didn't know what it was and told me to finish running the treatment for Ich. He said if it gets worse, that I should stop treating for Ich and we'll have to figure out what this is.
If anyone could help identify what the disease is so that I can help Nemo, please do.
On a side note, while it doesn't look good - he is still eating and swimming like normal.
Side with Ich spots and obviously the fin problem
SaltwaterTank003-1.jpg

The other side of the fin - not nearly as clear, but you can still see it
SaltwaterTank002-1.jpg

DaveK

I suspect that what you are seeing is some damage caused by the fish scratching, due to the ich infestation. For now, I'd continue to treat for that disease, and keep feeding the fish well.

greneis7

Thanks Dave. I've been looking at pictures and reading different articles for quite a bit this afternoon. I don't think it looks like Brooklynella, do you? I'm so upset for my little guy. =(

DaveK

Brooklynella usually seems to look like blotchy patches on the body, so I don't think so, but keep an eye on things, it's a very common disease on clowns, and it's not uncommon to have multiple diseases on a fish.

Adalius

My first guess is just damage, either from rubbing against rocks or something nipping at him, could even be he got scared and darted towards the rockwork and misjudged his distance. As light as it is I wouldn't worry about it unless you start to see it getting worse tomorrow.