Slimy strings?

greneis7

The last two nights now there is this long slimy stringy thing that appears to be coming out of the rock. Last night it broke free and we used the net to scoop it up. It felt slimy.
I took a picture, I know it isn't very good - but it's the best out of like 12 shots.
Any idea what it is? Is it bad? Good?
tank001-1.jpg

IamELMO

What corals do you have? I see a mushroom, have you seen it coming out of a muashroom? Could be coral poo, or just a long string of a type of algae.

Either way, I'd say no big deal

greneis7

Right now I don't have much. I'm just starting out. I have two mushrooms, two tiny zoa frags, yellow polyps,and green star polyps. Tomorrow is my scheduled delivery of two more: trumpet coral and sun polyps. Friday is the anticipated delivery date for some purple ricordia and blue zoas.
Is it possibly that a feather duster could release that?

greneis7

Thank you Cbrownfish! I looked up images for it, that is exactly what I have! Now I'm reading both good and bad... any input?

greneis7

Thanks Glenn, you always have great links. I don't think I should worry about them.
One thing I found interesting was that I didn't start noticing it/them till after the new powerhead had been working. It said that they prefer more turbulent water flow, I guess it makes sense why I am seeing them now.