Aiptasia

greneis7

I started with one of these little buggers several weeks ago... last night I counted FIVE! I tried grabbing one with tweezers - ha ha, I know.
How can I get rid of them???

greneis7

Interesting... a 24V battery. I might have to ask my boyfriend to help with this one. Thanks for the input guys!

yvr

Whenever I see any Aiptasias in my tanks, I inject TM Elimi-Aiptas directly into the stalk as opposed to into the mouth. I find that the product has a better kill rate when injected into the stalk rather than the mouth and it has worked well for me.

glampka

If you can pull the rock out without having to dismantle your entire aquascape, take a propane torch to them.

Saltmaniac

The Mojanos Zapper...great device, works very well and it's fun to zap those little boogers. I also use it on wayward Mushrooms that get out of hand.

greneis7

I have a four day weekend coming up and plan on attacking the tank... When I run to the LFS next, I will see if he has any peppermints in stock. (If not, I might hit you up Mantis) Thank you for your thoughts everyone.

KristenB

I brought an aiptasia home as a hitch hiker on a coral fragment I bought from my local LFS, and they started multiplying fast as well. I went out and baught a peppermint shrimp and I was very pleased when it destroyed all four of them within the first 24 hours after being introduced to my tank!! I def. recommend getting a peppermint shrimp or two, dependign on the size of your tank.

Good luck!

greneis7

Hello all! I picked up a new peppermint yesterday (kids named her Candy). I'm hoping she's hungry! I also caught a bristle worm while cleaning the tank this weekend! I have a green emerald on order with the LFS because ours passed away last week and the hair algae is already growing. =( I will keep my fingers crossed about the Aiptasia and keep you all posted. Thanks again for your input!

mags101

I just setup a 100g & purchased some LR from a friend. Didn't notice that there were a few Aptasias scattered here & there on a few of the LR's... I really didn't think much of them. But, after a few days I noticed them multiplying pretty rapidly. I ended up purchasing 3 (JUST 3) peppermint shrimps & within days the Aptasia problem was solved. Them guys STAY BUSY!! They were really were a GREAT INVESTMENT for me. :)