Search results

1. rgfast

Guerry's adventure in breeding

Well everyone I've started a small breeding system, this is something that has not been quick to just jump into. I started by first reading many good books as well research on-line, also I didn't just have pair in DT that were laying eggs and think this would be cool to try LOL. I have five...
  2. rgfast

BRS Bio-pellets

well I just started these this week and wonderring if anyone else has been using them. If so what progess have you seen and positive results have you had or had not
  3. rgfast

Pump Rebuild

well this all began when I decided that my return pump which flows threw my chiller needed more flow,I resently purchaced another tank set up which came with a couple PanWorld pumps. I thought the smaller of the two would be perfect for this swap, it had alot of surface rust but me being me said...
  4. rgfast

Guerry's frag system

well here goes noughting the start of my new frag farming adventure, for those here that know me I've doing a lot of talking about building frag set up. This is where we will start, two weeks ago I stopped dreaming and order a TruVu reef flat it's 48"x24"x12" with 5"x10" overflow they are built...
  5. rgfast

Hello From South GA

hi all just came can back from the dock getting some food for my Lion and well Roy my tigger loves a little live food to, thought I would share pic. of the water here by me
  6. rgfast

Frag Tank Filtation

Hi every one, my queston here is what do need for a frag only tank asfar as filtration goes what I plan on building is tank 48x24x16 basic 80gl, thanks don't want to skimp or over due it
  7. rgfast

PLASMA reef lighting

I think Plamsa lighting is getting ready to run right by the up an coming LED lighting and be the best replacement for MH lighting with 6 years of 12 hour a day bulb life producing equal par values as 400 watt mh with only 280 watts.can't wait to get my hands on these low heat beast.from what I...
  8. rgfast

PH. and my /DI filter

can anyone explain to me why I get a ph reading of 6.44 with /di filter and 7.98 if I bypass it. I've been chasing low ph for two months an this where it has lead me my test show alk. 9.5 dk cal 450 and mag 1350 but ph stays between 7.77 and 7.99 at end of light cycle. just made new bach of...
  9. rgfast

check valves

well you always hear they will fail (NOT IF BUT WHEN) last night power went out wife wakes me up to tell me ,my question to her was did you check the tanks answer no got up to flood. check coming from ref. just flapping.Will have to come up with new plan today!Seems hole house gen. getting closer.
  10. rgfast

Fish ready for holiday weekend

MY guys are ready are yours?
  11. rgfast

RG's 100 fish only with live rock

Hi all this is tank 4 running out of walls, this tank is in the kichen, got great deal on it from the dry/goods for sale site on my local fish club forum (segreefclub.com) pruchase price $200.00 at this point of my build under $900. invested.I will start with tank as it came home
  12. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

well in the beginning I would just look at it sitting as it had for two moves an 15 years.I had told myself an anyone who asked that I was not going to set it up till I could do it right an that when I did it was go to be reef tank.back in the early 90s people didn't have home reef systems this...
  13. rgfast

rgfast 300 sps tank builb

well this it an maybe by the time I get set up I'll be able to post my own pic's. For now I guess my friends will just have to do it for me I plan on using solar tubes for the lighting and make my own rock if I could only get solar pumps ah ah when done it will have OM 4 way with 8 outlets...
  14. rgfast

AIPTASIA can it be good

Now I bet you think I'm crasy, I let Aiptasia glow freely in my 65gal ref I feel like it's a good thing after feeding coral in tank it like a good puppy eating all the table scaps.I have seen it get to dt. but it never last more than a few days it's also on the menu and eaten quickly does...
  15. rgfast

Geo Thermal Cooling

Well here we go this my thought drill an install 60 foot 4" well casing with 1" close loop in it, I would then pump my tank water threw it at say 150 gph. water in well pipe will be 64 to 65 degrees year round. I think that if I use scd.20 thin wall pipe with the slow flow should be able get...
  16. rgfast

SOLAR TUBES for lighting

I'm starting 300gl build, since reading (BOOK OF CORAL PROPAGATION)by Anthony Calfo about using natural lighting instead of MH. I like the idea of power meter slowing down alittle. Just read thead on this I saw the use of Velux sun tunnel they can be bought at Lowes for less than mh,s do yall...
  17. rgfast

PH an my LIGHTING

Ok I know ph will be higher at the end of light cycle but does going from 8.29 to 8.46 sound like alot
  18. rgfast

books on fragging

I'v been looking for some good books on diffent fragging tecneeks any suggestion I can read better than I spell, mom told me stay in school:coffee2:
  19. rgfast

ICECAP 660 help

installed yesterday worked fine turned on today lights up and for second then goes off any clues its running two 6' VHOs
  20. rgfast

Filter Socks

I've been using my socks much less lately. What I'm seeing is when sock is in uses that my ORP drops which leads me to beleive it's actuly keeping more organtics in water.I monnitor ph an orp daily.Not that I need to but bought a new skimmer that claimed to raise my orp to levels that I didn't...