SOLAR TUBES for lighting

rgfast

I'm starting 300gl build, since reading (BOOK OF CORAL PROPAGATION)by Anthony Calfo about using natural lighting instead of MH. I like the idea of power meter slowing down alittle. Just read thead on this I saw the use of Velux sun tunnel they can be bought at Lowes for less than mh,s do yall think that three over 96"x24" deep would give enough light for SPS growth would supmint with antics

I'd been tkink hard about this for some time now and was pleased to see some one doing it instead of green house which I could never afford to cool don't think heating would be issue live in south G.A. 100 degrees July an Aug.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think it's a "Do-able" task but how much filtering does the cover of the tubes do? Remember that you don't want that much direct un-filtered sunlight hitting your carpet/furniture so I would imagine at some point in the tunnel either the diffuser or the globe has some degree of filtering. If it's the diffuser then I'd run without it if possible.

Do you mind going ahead ASAP with this so I'll know what to do with my upcoming build? I'm also wanting NATURAL sunlight with supplementation :)

rgfast

I was thinking of blue filter screen, Anthony states that he used black filter cloff an he lives in westen P.A. the room I'm going to use is bedroom we don't use an the only thing in there will be 300gl grow out tank an frag tanks