PH an my LIGHTING

rgfast

Ok I know ph will be higher at the end of light cycle but does going from 8.29 to 8.46 sound like alot

rgfast

thanks feel better just went from two 150 to four 250s and before ph would only rise 1/2 a point 8.3 to 8.35

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I don't have my charts handy but before I set my Fuge lights on a Reverse light schedule I know my swing was more than the one you listed I just don't remember what it was.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
I have a fuge on reverse lights as well and my pH is around 8.28 during the day and 8.16 at night.

If you just upgraded your lights the tank may not be in equilibrium yet. May even out. When I upgraded lighting, I saw pearling (O2 bubbles) on my grass but it adjusted and no longer pearls. One thing of meters is they can provide too much information sometimes :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Excellent point. Any "change" you make will have some effect on the tank. I like how you worded that :D

rgfast

My ref. is on reverse light 4 bulb 48" t5s I guess maybe I should check with my API test instead of the Hanna my wife told me I was getting to high tec.

those color charts just wreak me fine myself looking for another pair of glassis then a better light Oh well just can't win sometimes

thanks maybe just a little time an it settle

rgfast

found its good idea to check cal. on meter, it was reading high reset today it was 7.79 at 7:30 am will check tonight after light cycle

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Yes, it is and to clean it, as algae can grow on it. If it is in the water all the time the algae will raise the pH at the algae probe interface, as the algae is removing CO2, which raises pH.