Pump Rebuild

rgfast

well this all began when I decided that my return pump which flows threw my chiller needed more flow,I resently purchaced another tank set up which came with a couple PanWorld pumps. I thought the smaller of the two would be perfect for this swap, it had alot of surface rust but me being me said lets give it a try. How'd that go you ask? NOT TO GOOD it came on making alot of noise but flowing good then got a little quiter then alot louder before locking up. So this how we start, being the DIY kind of guy dicided it was time to find out what happened and wish I'd taken some pics before taking it apart but this is what 150xp looks like in pieces
IMG_0735.jpg

well once apart it was clear that this pump had seen some salt water in it and the bearings were trashed so called local bearing dealer who had them in stock. The factory installed bearings were open stile but I was able to up grade to sealed bearing.firist thing to do was clean all the part and pieces. I sealed the housing taped off the decals and off to bead blasting cabnet
IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

well with everything cleaned up decided new color was in order to give it that custom look

IMG_0743.jpg

while the paint was drying it was time to remove the old bearings,I used bearing vise and press for easy removeal
IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

nexted it was time to install the new upgraded bearings to do this I took two sockets so that I could install both bearings at the same time and not take chance of hurt either end of shaft
IMG_0742.jpg

with this all done I reassemabled pump
IMG_0747.jpg

now time to try it out worked great, no noise flows perfect and all for less than $16.00
IMG_0748.jpg

rgfast

thanks every one, just wanted to show there is hope for old pumps and most are inexpensive to repair