Guerry's frag system

rgfast

well here goes noughting the start of my new frag farming adventure, for those here that know me I've doing a lot of talking about building frag set up. This is where we will start, two weeks ago I stopped dreaming and order a TruVu reef flat it's 48"x24"x12" with 5"x10" overflow they are built to order so should be seeing within the next week or so. I was lucky that one of my reef club members had a 55gl tank that I could have, Thanks Potter your a true friend any way these are some pics of the sump being built
IMG_0577.jpg

so I cleaned the 55gl up real good and started cutting plexy glass baffals as you can see I perfer table saw for this
IMG_0578.jpg

next I use sraper to clean my edges it also has beval for rounded edge
IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

as you can see in the next pic I have skimmer chamber on letf then pump return area center with refume on right also don't plan on using sock with this sump so I added bubble chamber for inlet water to sump

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

rgfast

thanks man, I know I've got a lot of learning to here but think if I do my studding it's gone work well oh I kinda like them bowties myself

Rhodes19

Guerry, you da man!! I'm following you on this one as well. :) I want to turn my 40 g into a frag tank at some point. Probably mostly softies for quick growth and trade them in for store credit so I can support my addiction. :) I'll have to clean up my garage first so I can work out there. Its rats nest at the moment.

rgfast

thanks Chris, I hope this is just the first I'd really like this project to move into something that will help other reefers like ourselfs and start helping me pay for my hobby. When you start yours if theres anything I help with just give me a shout I'm only down the road a piece

rgfast

today woke up and made my mind up on flow orderred mp40, Mag 12 for return and phosban 150 oh ato also wer'e going places now! with the 40 and 12 should have right at 50 turns on water per hour

Rhodes19

thanks Chris, I hope this is just the first I'd really like this project to move into something that will help other reefers like ourselfs and start helping me pay for my hobby. When you start yours if theres anything I help with just give me a shout I'm only down the road a piece

Will do. thanks Guerry. :)

rgfast

thanks Eric, looked at flow curve for mag 12 and 18 theres only about 200gph deffences at 4' of head the 12 is 1100gph where the 18 was 1325

Chris end of Aug. going to have end of the summer reef clud cookout at my house you guys are welcome to come down meet some people and eat boston butt

ChrisOaty

Maybe I'm not seeing this right, but it seems that the shorter sides are being obscured by the vertical beams you've added to the top, leaving nothing for your tank to sit on. Unless you've planned on removing the inner vertical pieces, that is. =]

rgfast

what you see here is just the frame, it is over sized and will have top and canopy which will hide cross support that was built to hold light rail. Erics got me all reaved up on moving lights! also sump area will be open design and the cabnet is going to be trimmed out with 75 year old pine then stained with cherry and outdoor uv protected urethane

rgfast

well my pumps came in yesterday along with reactors and ATO, bought shimmer over the weekend it's a Reef Creations MR-1 with quick connect and waste collector