Search results

1. 75reef

Clowns stealing all the seaweed from Tang

I have two clowns that tear all the seaweed from the clip within a few minutes of putting some in the clip. They don't even eat it all. Then I have big chunks floating around the tank that the tang is left to pick at before they get sucked into the overflow. Anybody have any ideas?
  2. 75reef

Strawberry Pseudochromis

Hey, does anybody have any experience with the strawberry pseudochromis? I bought mine yesterday. About 5 minutes after putting him in the tank, I never saw him again. He looked very healthy and very lively. I noticed my little cherub pygmy angel chasing him around a little bit, but nothing...
  3. 75reef

Elegance Coral Experience

Does anybody have experience with elegance corals? I just got one for my tank and seemed to acclimate very quickly. I heard these are harder to keep within the last few years and just wanted to hear some input from anybody else that have maybe kept these.
  4. 75reef

Naso Tang - hole in side

Hey guys. I just got a Naso tang this past weekend and it had a slightly darker spot on its side when I got it. Yesterday I noticed that it developed a hole in its side. I am assuming that it would be more bacterial. I currently have him in a quarantine tank and and treating him with...
  5. 75reef

how to tell if coral is past the point of no return

An update on my finger leather - It is still shrinking and it is now breaking away from the rock it was attached to. All my other corals are still doing perfect. My water chemistry is text book perfect. The one thing I did notice is that my salinity is very low - about 0.018. I...
  6. 75reef

Finger Leather Shrinking

Hey guys, I am having a finger leather coral problem. Over the past several weeks it has been shrinking. My water parameters are perfect. It is the only one of the five corals that is not doing the best right now. It is on the bottom half of the tank. I have good flow over it. I'm not sure...
  7. 75reef

Help Foxface Dying

Hey all! I have a foxface that wasn't acting himself yesterday. Just a little more lathargic and not eating a whole lot. Today when I got home from work, he is on his side. He tries to swim a little more and then stops on his side again. My water parameters are text book perfect and there...
  8. 75reef

Coraline Algae and Copepods

I just redid my tank and got 85 lbs of live rock. I wanted to get the copepod population up as fast as possible. Is there anything they sell to speed this process up? Also, what is the best way to start coraline algae growth. I really want that to take off as well. I just...
  9. 75reef

LIVE ROCK FOR SALE - for fish only aquariums

I have about 85 lbs of live rock for sale that is good for a fish only aquarium. The rock was apparently exposed to cooper at some point before I purchased it. A lot of it is very porous and has a lot of good surface area with little caves for fish to hide in. I want a full blown reef tank...
  10. 75reef

Arrow Crab fell apart

I had an arrow crab in my tank for about a week and then one day I came dwon and looked in the tank and I see the crab dead in the middle of the tank and all but two of his legs no longer attached andwere laying off to the side. I don't even have anything in my tank that could've done that...
  11. 75reef

Anybody help to identify this creep?

This is on the mushroom rock. It does not look like any featherduster or hitchhiker anemone I have ever seen.
  12. 75reef

Arrow Crab

Anybody have any experiences with arrow crabs? I got one last night and the more I read about them now I am woried about him possibly eating the small cleaner gobies or picking at the mushrroms or polyps. Is this really a concern or should he leave all that stuff alone?
  13. 75reef

mushroom coral acclimation

After several other complications in my main tank, I have moved the mushrroms to my wifes 12 gal for quit awhile. Her tank has a little 32W 50/50 PC light in there (almost 3watts/gal). The mushrooms did great with it. I then put them in my tank (see my signature for tank and light...
  14. 75reef

Corals seriously have something against my tank!!!

I have a brief history here.... SORRY- LONG STORY I have a 75 gal, 260W PC lighting tank that was established for 8 months. I had several fish in there and everything was doing great. The only problem I ever had with it was I couldn't get my nitrate levels down. They always hung around...
  15. 75reef

Skimmer in sump question

Hi everybody, I am new to RS... I do have one question. I have an AquaC EV-90 skimmer in a Megaflow sump. This supports a 75 Gal tank. With about a gallon of water evaporating every day, the sump water level changes enough that it greatly affects the skimmer. If it is down about 2...