Coraline Algae and Copepods

75reef

I just redid my tank and got 85 lbs of live rock. I wanted to get the copepod population up as fast as possible. Is there anything they sell to speed this process up?

Also, what is the best way to start coraline algae growth. I really want that to take off as well.

I just completely redid my tank after having some issues.

Jason25

For the pods, you can buy tiger pods in a bottle not sure if That Pet Place has them or not but you can order them online from other vendors.

framerguy

For the Coraline you have to have proper conditions. Intense lighting in 10k+. Alk 8-12dKH (10 -12 optimum) with balanced calcium levels. (calc @432 is balanced with 10dKH). Magnesium levels ~1300. It will grow on it's own, don't add majic potions, they don't work for the most part.

75reef

ok, thanks! Never knew if any solutions really worked or not... I will have to buy those live pods though and get the tank full of those.

framerguy

It's best to rely on good practices and patience. The phrase "Good things come to those who wait" really applies to this hobby!

75reef

I know actually. I just figured these two thing alone could be sped up without compromising anything else.