Anybody help to identify this creep?

75reef

This is on the mushroom rock. It does not look like any featherduster or hitchhiker anemone I have ever seen.

Attachments

• Picture 045a.JPG
    Picture 045a.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 105

75reef

yes, it does retract. It only has those jagged arms to it. Actually, what you see in the pic is all that is there.

75reef

I would say that catch the light... There is no tube, when it retracts, you cannot even tell where it came from - I guess it retracts right into the rock.

75reef

yeah, I guess it would have to be.... of all the pictures and searching I have done on the net, I have never seen one like this.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have that SAME thing in my tank here at home. It's on the back of a rock and only feeds now and again. It's got a number of Tree Branch like arms that extend out. Then one at a time it "rolls" one up and extends another. Just the other day a local reefer was asking me about a strange "critter" and he described the same thing. Mine has grown considerably since I first saw it and I have seen other much smaller ones scattered around my life rock.

Allen

75reef

thanks allen. At least I know I am not the only one that has one of these. Let me know if you ever figure out what it is!