Strawberry Pseudochromis

75reef

Hey, does anybody have any experience with the strawberry pseudochromis? I bought mine yesterday. About 5 minutes after putting him in the tank, I never saw him again. He looked very healthy and very lively. I noticed my little cherub pygmy angel chasing him around a little bit, but nothing major.

I just would've have taken these fish to be the shy type. I have been peeking at the tank from a distance all day, looking with a flashlight in the rock work.... and nothing? I've never had a fish hide this long. Has anybody else?

lcstorc

I've never had one but I certainly have had fish hide for an extended period of time.
I woouldn't worry yet.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've had a fish hide for over a week *had considered it a GONER* and then show up out of the blue.

Luukosian

Sorry to be pessimistic but if its open top you should check behind and around the tank to make sure it didn't jump out. Had a sixline wrasse do that on me and I thought he was just hiding until I found him behind the tank.

seafansar

I have a strawberry pseudochromis. He hid a lot when I first added him to the tank. He's still shy, but comes out more often nowadays. But I would check behind the tank just in case.
He's probably just hiding though. For the past week I thought I'd lost my hector's goby, but I finally saw him again today!!! I don't know what he was doing for that week, but I'm glad he's still around. He's always out and about, so I was really freaking out when I didn't see him for days!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
My Orchid Dottyback hid for 2 weeks when I first got it. I thought it had died, then, there it was.