Search results

1. R

Vortech MP10 keeps falling

Twice in the last week, and several times in the last month, my MP10 fell off my 130d. I'm not using the spacer and the glass is clean. It happens at night when the pump is in reduced speed. The rubber on both halves is in good shape and the heads are aligned properly with no vibration. Any ideas?
  2. R

130d cooling fan removal = drastic makeup reduction

I just finished installing my Apex controlled Ato system a few days ago, I had done a beautiful job of running all the wires out a 1.5 inch hole that I made, several dozen tie wraps, spiral wrap ect, when I had that aw-#%%^^ moment. I needed to pull my Intank media basket and every single wire...
  3. R

130d chiller plumbing

Can I use one of my return pumps to pump thru a chiller and back to the outlet nozzle, or do I need a separate pump? I have replaced the stock pumps with eheim 600s. I would imagine that 6 feet of hose would reduce the flow a bit. Thx Keith
  4. R

QT a shrimp/goby pair???

I wish to purchase a shrimp/goby pair. My QT does not have a sand bed in it. Will they be ok for a month with just some PVC pipe to hide in?, or should I just risk putting them straight into the display tank? Thanks for any useful input :) Keith
  5. R

RSM 130D Eheim 600 Pump mod

I was having issues with my stock return pumps-they did not always restart after feeding, so I decided to "upgrade" to the Eheim 600 compact pumps. It was a quick mod, but I am not very satisfied with the end result, the flow is drastically reduced from the stock pumps. I had previously...
  6. R

Now that its too late:)

What do you think of this modification? After I had my tank set up for a week i started to worry about my live rock falling if something dug under it, so I drained the tank and took out all the rock and sand(which eliminated the concern, but made for a boring tank :) ) I then use egg crate...
  7. R

Clownfish feeding routine

Hi- I have 2 black clowns and I have been feeding them 3-4 pellets each in the morning and scraping a small amount of frozen shrimp off a cube every afternoon. Its a pretty small amount, the cube lasts over a week, but they dont seem to want more. Does this seem reasonable? Thanks Keith
  8. R

S 500 is massive!

I have been following all the "S" build threads, but had never seen one in person. We took a ride to a relatively LFS that had a 500, it was much bigger than I visualized, very cool. The one in the store was pretty scuzzy considering it's supposed to be a display model, but I definitely want one...
  9. R

Strange question :)

Is it possible for a large turbo snail to scratch the glass on a 130? I have a crooked shallow scratch about 1.5" long on the inside of my tank. I know it was not there when new, and I cant imagine how it got there. I always ensure my magfloat is clean and only clean left and right( scratch is...
  10. R

130D replacement recirculate pumps

Anyone have a link to a better recirculate pump for a 130D? I have to fuss with mine to get them to start back up. I am assuming a stock replacement will be the same? Someone must make a good one! Thx Keith
  11. R

Redsea 150w heater submersible??

Is the heater that comes with the 130D fully submersible? I am using it in another tank after upgrading the 130 to the Eheim Jagers heater. Thanks Keith
  12. R

Black clown pair with ich

So the black clownfish pair that I was going to buy( first fish in tank) one appears to have 2 small spots of ich. I was going to quarantine them anyway, is this a show stopper? Should I not buy them? I was going to try and put them in with a cleaner shrimp, then try mor drastic measures if...
  13. R

Keith and Jeremy's 130D Build

Here are some pics of the new 130D we got a few weeks back. The tank cycled really quick. There is 40# of cured live rock and 40# of Aragonite live sand. I kicked of the cycle with a deli shrimp, but it smelled so bad I took it out after a day, I used HouseHold Ammonia( it was hard finding it...
  14. R

Redsea 500 in Boston LFS

I saw a post that a LFS in Boston MA had some bigger Maxs set up?? Anyone know where? Thanks Keith
  15. R

Tunze 9002 assembly help!

This seems too simple to screw up, but my new 9002 came in pieces. Where does the power cord go? My grommet for the cord is on the magnet side, which is opposite where it comes out of the pump(unless I have the pump in backwards?) Anyone have a pic? The directions don't really show this. It...
  16. R

Issues seeing pictures in thread?

I am logged in, but all i see is the box with a red "X". Is this something on my end?? Thanks Keith
  17. R

Best Wavemakers for 130D?

I was going to get the MP10s, but it seems that some were having issues?? Any recommendations? I would like to get 2 powerheads and a controller. I plan to get the Tunze ATO, I assume that because the level sensors will be in the rear comparment that there wont be any level control issues due...
  18. R

130D Cycling

So I got my son's 130D up and running. Day #1- just got it filled with RO from the LFS and added salt. All equipment works Day #2- added live sand (Aragonite) and 40# of cured live rock(almost all covered in purple Coraline) Day #3- Salinity is a tad low- 1.022 and PH is low too -8.1...
  19. R

New 130d for my son and I

My 11 year old son Jeremy convinced me that we need a new hobby:) We bought a 130d and all the other "stuff" at a real nice local shop. It's amazing how all that other stuff adds up. It's our first salt aquarium after having a small fresh tank for years. Jeremy has been asking to do this for...