New 130d for my son and I

Ripperj

My 11 year old son Jeremy convinced me that we need a new hobby:)
We bought a 130d and all the other "stuff" at a real nice local shop. It's amazing how all that other stuff adds up. It's our first salt aquarium after having a small fresh tank for years.
Jeremy has been asking to do this for years, so I'm glad we finally could get one.
He is very interested in biology and marine science, so I think it will be a fun project.
The shop put all the live rock we picked out in a separate tank for us to get when our tankis ready.
I will post pictures as we go.
Hope to learn lots here.
Keith

Last edited:

black2012

Congrats, its a great first saltwater tank. You can grow just about any coral and keep some great fish. Good luck!

And good for you for being a great dad!

Ripperj

I am already on to plan "B". I think I am going to get my live rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater instead of the rock locally. The local rock seems really boring compared to the TBS rock!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Congrats on the new 130D

Great father & son hobby !

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome to RS!!

In regards to the rock.. almost any rock you can get will get more "Cool" looking at you add your own choice in coral etc.

I'm not saying DON'T go with Tampa Bay but don't count out the rock from LFS either :)

catran

Welcome to RS!
^ what Al said. Also, you can use a combination of both. Or, to save money, you can get half live and half dry rock too. There's a lot of dry rock that looks great. Check out bulkreefsupply.com or macrorocks.com!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Way to go daddy-o. How bout a tank chronicle with pics for ur son to reflect back on.

........the mayor votes funlad for president!

Setragni

Welcome to RS.
It is always nice when family members get together on a tank project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk