Best Wavemakers for 130D?

Ripperj

I was going to get the MP10s, but it seems that some were having issues??
Any recommendations? I would like to get 2 powerheads and a controller.
I plan to get the Tunze ATO, I assume that because the level sensors will be in the rear comparment that there wont be any level control issues due to the wavemakers??

Thanks for any input

Keith

Nowellsy SNR

Had my Vortechs for well over 2 years now and there awesome not had any issues what so ever to say there working 24/7 they do a great job!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Had mine over a year (in my RSM130D) with no issues what so ever. I'd love to get another one and get the module to sync them into my ProfiLux but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I love my Tunze 3155 ATO in my RSM130D.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sounds like the Vortechs are the way to go. Will two MP10s make nice flow action?

Nice? Oh yeah baby!! I only have 1 in mind and it does a great job. I can't even start to imagine the fun of having a pair of them working together :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
BigAl- which controller do you have?, I have been researching those too :)

Just the BEST one LOL! There is no single controller that is perfect for everyone but this one has been perfect for me for a long time now:

GHL ProfiLux P3

Ripperj

That GHL ProfiLux P3 looks nice, what kit did you buy?(probes ect) Are you controlling your powerhead with it?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've had mine a long time now so the "Kit" isn't available.

I've got the comparable to the "P3 Starter" kit.

I'm controlling:
Moonlights
Main LED (dimming, clouds etc)
Lightning Stock (SimuStick)
Heater
Return Pumps
Skimmer
Powerhead(s) (Not the Vortech module.. not yet)

I had my ATO in the tank before I installed the ProfiLux so I have a Tunze 3155 ATO. If did it the other way I would not buy the Tunze because the built in Level Control with the ProfiLux is amazing.

black2012

I would think that one mp10 is plenty in a 130d as it is not a wide tank. If you have it on pulse you should get plenty of action in both directions with water 'bouncing' off the opposing wall.

In my opinion, 2 MP10's in a 130d is wayyyy overkill - but cool if you can afford it!

I have 2 MP10's in my 250 and i have them turned up half way and get crazy water flow and wave action on my softer coral.