130D replacement recirculate pumps

Ripperj

Anyone have a link to a better recirculate pump for a 130D? I have to fuss with mine to get them to start back up. I am assuming a stock replacement will be the same? Someone must make a good one!
Thx Keith

Ripperj

Will the stock discharge pipes fit the Eheim 600s?? Will the power cords route thru the wire channel??, I know the cord on the Eheim Jager heater is much thicker.
Thanks.
Nano-i can try the baster trick, but I need them to work everytime so when my wife or son feed the fish the pumps will start with no issues.
Keith

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My stock 130D pumps failed to start 3 or 4 times over a two year period, someone shared that trick with me & it always worked, if flicking the power on & off didn't work. (If not, the impeller area needed cleaning)

Several members have added eheim pumps & should be able to advise.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yes let us know. I'm always worried mine wont restart after a "Feed Pause" from the ProfiLux. I'm bad to hit Feed Pause, feed then walk away to do other things and not make sure they both restart.

Mischko

Few tips for you. You can remove the mounts of the stock pumps gently and push them on the hose. This way you can screw them back in with the outlets. If you really want them pro installed get 2 90°. When you look at the pumps you will see a gate valve you can push to adjust water flow mounted on a little grate. Remove the grate and the valve. You won't need them and that part tends to get stuck with debris by time. Plus you get a bit more water flow, too. Make sure you mount the pumps on different levels in the chamber. They won't fit in sitting next to eachother. And make sure to clean them every 3 to 6 months. Depending how you filter debris and dirt will get them cloaked up and reduce flow.

Ripperj

Thanks for the tips, i did get two 90s and even paid the $14 for the green Eheim hose :)
I have the StevieT basket and change my floss every couple days, but i will check the pumps periodically.

Ripperj

The part numbers from Marine Depot are FT6733 for the elbows and EH4004943 for the hose.
I got the elbow number from another post here, I have not tried them yet!!

Mike1965

Thx,

Just so I understand correctly, the reason for elbows and hose is so the pumps can be staggered since they are too big to fit next to each other?

Mike

Ripperj

Mike that is one reason, the other is so that the pumps take suction from differnt places- helps prevent cavitation

Mike1965

Thx. Last question. I have seen outlet nozzles that are long and can reach out to middle of tank in back. Could I use something like this with this setup?