Search results

1. 2

Disappointment

I am so disappointing in myself for not taking things a bit slow. I have had my 20 gallon for 8 months and my 4 fishes are doing perfectly fine. Made a 72 bowfront about 2 month ago and all seems well until....i became hasty and added a new fish. I had a small yellow tang, 2 true percs and a...
  2. 2

too much carbon?

So I was thinking since i have many empty salt buckets, what if i was to buy about 3-4 gallons worth of carbon gravel and pads and throw it in the 5 gallon with a decent powerhead through it? Would that be too much carbon or is that enough for me to last half a year without changing it?
  3. 2

Test kit and color of room light

Based on the readings in my test kit, i had 2 results each time. Does any one know the exact lighting i should use to allow me to read the results? With my refugium 5500k light, i get a reading of 8.8 and with my normal room light at the 3500k, i get 8.4.....wat should i base it on? I need to...
  4. 2

Sunslighting Metal Halide

Has anyone bought and used metal halides from Sunslighting.com? Please give me an experienced response rather than a bias one because I dont have the money like some to buy name brand products at the moment. I know i can save a little more (alot actually) but this isnt the case. Has anyone...
  5. 2

More than expected?

Anyone notice how, when you were younger, you wish to have a small fish bowl and a few nice fishes swimming around just to find that years later u have multiple full blown reef aquariums and dont know how to leave this addiction of countless money spending and constant nagging from significant...
  6. 2

72g bowfront build

I finally made time to set up my 72 gallon bowfront that i have been drilling and prepping for the past 3 month. With limited space under the stand, i could only fit any tank that is 10 inches wide so I de-rimmed 2 10 gallon to make it my sump for skimming and water pump return. The cabinet...
  7. 2

Natures Ocean Live sand

So i am about to buy 80lbs of Natures Ocean bio-active live sand from a local seller in my area, Bay Area, CA, for 70 dollars. 2 bags of 20lbs for 35 dollars. What do you guys think of this price? Are there any other cheaper ones on the internet?
  8. 2

Cracked upper center brace

MAN!!!, so i bought my 72 gallon bowfront used with stand and canopy and 4x65watt PC light for 220 total. The previous owner told me the top center brace is cracked and says that the brace is lose but it doesnt effect the tank which i believed. I just finished my plumbing today and poured in...
  9. 2

Good powerhead for

What powerheads do you guys recommend for my return line from sump to my 72Gallon bowfront? I was thinking about Rio3100 but can you guys suggest otherwise?
  10. 2

PVC Overflow drain ok?

So i've finally gotten the time to continue work on my new 72 gallon bowfront. I got this tank along with the stand and canopy for 200 dollars but without a built in overflow. At first, i drilled 2 holes in the back to accommodate the cabinet space behind the tank in the wall so that I can push...
  11. 2

Success

This is my first reef keeping attempts and i've had this 20 gallon running for about half a year now. I want to thank everyone on here for all the post and experienced tips on what to do. My rose anemone just split and that made my day!! will post pics
  12. 2

What is this weird thing?

What is this critter / worm coming out form rock holes and in my sand bed. here are some pictures, would appreciate if u guys can educate me on whether this is good or bad for my tank.
  13. 2

my 2 month old tank

its 2 month old for this 20 gallons, but the rocks were from a 10 gallon i had that is about 4 month old. Everything seems to be doing great and growing faster than i thought, especially the pom pom xenias. I have 4 fish, yes i know thats too much but they are all 1 inch or slightly more except...
  14. 2

New Tank owner

Hello guys, I just started a 20 gallons nano reef tank. Been cycling for a month and added live stocks now. I currently have a 5 head frogspawn, a small (about 3 inch colony of Pom Pom Xenias, 2 head green ridordea, a colony of some broanish green zoas and the gold steak something something...