Cat's Frag Tank

catran

Thanks everyone!
Here are photo's of the maxi mini and superman monti...the only thing is that the monti will take time to color up and you really can't see the true color of either since the MH is blue...also, crappy phone pics too..
17e9b051.jpg

7cf6c073.jpg

e732f3f8.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice additions Cat! Looks like nice color on the new nem and Monti. That's a nice size piece of the superman!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
My camera can't focus right when I zoom in on something. Sometime I'm going to break out my big camera and take some pics (not today though, prepping big meal today). I hope your mom is doing well, have a great Easter!

Uslanja

Hi catran! Just catching up and everything is looking real nice! Glad to learn your mum is doing well, and how is that 12 step going? :yup:

catran

I finally decided to set up the JBJ ATO I've had forever. I had a problem because I'm attaching it to a basic frame and the hanger that came with the ATO would adjust the water level about 2 inches below where I wanted my water line.
I was going to use one of the sensors in my water storage container and the hangers were not long enough to reach the bottom so i ordered mold-a-holders from Aquahub.
I changed my mind, and decided to put both sensors in the tank, but I now had the holders to use on the tank instead!
So, I started by molding them to the frame. Then, I had to glue the button tabs from the original hangers so I could attach the sensor.
My next challenge was to find a way to hold the water tube both in the water barrel and on the bare frame of the aquarium.
I drilled a 1/4" hole in the 2" cap of the storage container and fed the tubing thru the hole. Then I zip tied and glued a magnet to the end of the tube. I attached a magnet on the outside of the bottom of the container to ensure the tube is held down to the very bottom.
After 20 minutes of searching my parts chest, I came back with a tiny coax cable holder. This is what you use to nail cable along your baseboard. Of course, I took the nail out! I super glued the tiny bracket to the top of the aquarium frame and fed the tube through.
Here are the pics!
0d6f010a.jpg

00bd034a.jpg

23107202.jpg

All set and working great! I love not having to siphon the water into a bucket, and carrying it thru the living room to fill the tank every day!

catran

@ Uslanja- I flunked out of the 12 step program and bought more corals. Terry was right!!
Mom's not doing as well as I would have thought. Very slow progress. I have to find a way to care for her when she's released for a few days... I'll figure something out.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sorry I missed the part about your mom Cat, very typical of me to blow past the important stuff. We will keep her in our prayers. Aneurysms are a very serious thing.

yankieman

Nice job on the ATO Cat your very talented can you swing by and do mine when its time to hook it up;) ,,,,wishin your mom well !!!