Cat's Frag Tank

catran

Here's a couple of pics of things I got in the last couple of weeks. The sometimes invisible corals are coming around and finally opening up. The zoa polyps are very small and fragile.
Whammin Watermelons, Magicians, and Costa Rican ric. The ric isn't very colorful, but look at how many mouths!!
bc97aefc.jpg

2bf8aeb8.jpg

373f4bc3.jpg

0c7bd12b.jpg

catran

Here are a couple of pics of some coral I'm very proud of! I got them from a really nice guy! They are very sensitive because I am in the middle of cleaning and moving stuff around in my tank but they are beautiful. They have an absolutely awesome color! Thanks so much!
705f275b.jpg

c475918f.jpg

1b77547d.jpg

catran

Thanks, I have a lot of zoas but not a lot of bright colors... I love the blue ones.....

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I had a guy today trying to sell my "captain america" platys.......but they didn't have any color! I hear you cat.....I only have 28 gallons and color is nice. Will the corals you have color up once in your tank? I've seen some frag really color up once in a display tank. I'm trying to Elos omega and pro skimmer supplements to see if they can help color and growth.

catran

I hope so! I'm cleaning my MH/T5 light now and trying to get up the nerve to drill the ceiling and hang it. Hopefully, it will help a lot of my frags color up.

soco

Nice setup man! That ric is gunna be awesome. I have a bunch and the ones like that get big and all frilly, before they start splitting.

catran

Thanks guys!

Well, I worked all night hanging the light only to find out that,
My moonlights don't work. (they did a month ago)
I need to replace my MH bulb, it looks dim.
Also, looks like one of the cf lights may have a short, I have to tap the fixture to get it to come on sometimes.
Can anything else go wrong??

Robzilla

Yeah never ask that! Just knock on wood and make sure all your connections/wires are in good shape. Tighten anything that is loose.

catran

Yeah, just a little disgusted. I'm sure my attitude will be better when my back stops hurting, lol!
The stupid light is heavy! I still have to get up on the ladder again and lower the light about 1/2" on one side.
Since it's a 250w bulb, I have it around 14" above the tank, at least to start.

catran

Okay, ordered my Phoenix 250w 14,000k bulb from soslightbulbs.com where I get a discount through CMAS. It was $47.00 with shipping! Good deal, eh?
Will do a vendor/seller feedback post when I receive it.

catran

Okay, the bulb arrived and I had to take down the light I just hung and replace the old one and adjust the height on one side. I didn't have a lot of confidence that I could get the glass lens out to get to the bulb but, I was able to force it and get the glass out. But not until I removed one of the side panels that houses the moonlights. I took the panel out and disconnected the power from the led's. As I was laying it upside down, one of the wires just flopped over to the side, the wire was broken. Great, I guess that was the reason I couldn't get them to work, a short in the wiring. So, I was off to get the soldering iron. Here's a couple of pics:
The crappy wiring:
2388939e.jpg

All fixed:
b5f3a587.jpg

Success!
71300d2f.jpg