Cat's Frag Tank

catran

Rob was right, although none of them were loose, apparently this one was worn enough to barely be haning on until I moved it.

soco

Nice find with the short. Awesome that you could fix it yourself.
I have a short on my actinics that i cant find... always blows one of my blues out in a couple of days.

catran

I'm going to paint the tank tonight. Silly me, thought I could actually have a solid background on a saltwater tank! LOL!

catran

I had a piece of background film, solid color but salt creep started and then water got between it and the glass. I finally realized it wouldn't work, it looked horrible. I did paint it a solid color. Sorry Rob, didn't feel
especially creative, so no pimpin tag wall for a background!
Got a lot going on this week, Mom had major surgery and I'm sending a lot of these msgs from the hospital room. My tank area is a mess, so tonight I'll take pics....

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I had film on my 55 and learned painting is definitely the way to go, you'll love it! Sorry to hear about your mother but I hope everything is ok and she comes home soon.

catran

Thanks for all of your thoughts guys! Aneurysms are nothing to fool around with. At least the worst part is over and we no longer have to be afraid of it bursting.

Okay Terry....I guess you were right!!:makefun:
On the way out of the hosp. I realized I was close to a LFS I had never been to. I thought maybe a very small cheap frag... maybe. The fuy had some superman monti's that were on 1 1/2" disks for 50.00. No, not worth it to me. I left without a single thing!
I went to another place that has inexpensive stuff ($7 frags) but only found the same stuff I have. Then, I remembered the cutie pink with lime green edged maxi mini I saw the last time I was there and they still had him!! Okay, as I was "accidentally" walking by the huge frag tank/table, I saw some mont's. I asked him how much they were and he said that they were $50 and they were superman monti's. The one I picked out is about 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" for the same price that the other guy wanted for a quarter sized piece! He said they were overrun with them and wanted to get rid of them, so he's selling them at a much lower price. It's got to color up yet to see the blue because he had them under lower lighting. I will post pics later tonight.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Can't wait to see the pics. Good call on the mini and great find on the monti's!

You're right, aneurysms are nothing to mess with. I'm glad things are doing better.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good news on catching the aneurysm in time! Looking forward to the pictures when you get a chance.