Cat's Frag Tank

catran

I've got a lot going on, but I ordered my RO/DI filters and a couple of quick crews from Reefcleaners.com. The humongus emerald I used to have killed a lot of my snails, and I had split existing crew in two, the majority to the RSM with the crab monster:
Attack_of_the_Crab_Monsters_19571.jpg

I'm getting a little frustrated with trying to organize things but everything will come together when I get the additional PC4, I'll have enough electrical outlets then. This is what I have so far. My temperature probe was not working properly, so I did a system reset and now have to redo everything. I ordered a DA ATO sensor to work with the RKL because the max time of the JBJ can't keep up with the amount of eveporation cause by my fan. Here's pic of what I have now..
f34fbea6.jpg

e7058774.jpg

9f3fc4ad.jpg

b7036d06.jpg

a23875bb.jpg

catran

The tank is not really done as far as racks. I will probably take the eggcrate out when I add the last eshopps rack that's currently in the RSM. I'm dealing with cyno in there and keep the lighting to a minimum. About 3 of the frags on the rack in the RSM are being treated for byropsis and I want them to be close to the light, so the zoas get enough light. The eshopps clear racks get really dirty after a while. That makes me crazy! If the procedure for killing the byropsis works, I'll post for all to know!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Wow pictures. When you said cyno I expected slimy algae everywhere but it looks good. I'm sure adding to your CUC will take care of your issues. I agree with the eshopps racks, they do get dirty so I'm sticking with eggcrate since things can't really settle on them. I'll have an extra solid one if you want it after I take the other tank down.

By the way, you have plenty of room left on your racks for more frags!

catran

Yes, I originally intended on only 4 racks but I didn't realize how much some of them liked being on the bottom rack, shaded and low flow. The plate coral puffs up really big and his tentacles are really long. It's really doing good, the 2 plates in my RSM are struggling. Probably because of the high water flow...
I'll probably end up with about 6 racks total. I never intended on keeping fish in my tank and the two spot keeps burying everything I put on the ground, so I can't have any kind of frags in the sand. I'll move him when I set up the RSM 250 and it will be a frag only tank again. I know I can't put him and the royal gamma in the RSM 130, the clowns are really bullies!

yankieman

wow great pics cat you really have a sophisticated looking system there far more than mine ,, and the tank looks great i didnt see anything much there in the line of cyno it looked great to me keep up the good work ,,

catran

No, it's just the RKL and ATO. I have no skimmer and have a crappy filter to boot. I had a reactor with carbon in it but I'm replacing the carbon with Phosban until my new filters arrive and I make new RO water. I'll change back to carbon then. Eventually, I would like to have the AC70 with Stevie T's new media basket.

steved13

PREMIUM
Just catching up Cat,

Sorry I missed about Mom, but very glad to hear she's doing well now.

Tank looks great. I like the way you've organized your electronics on the shelf, very compact and still neat and orderly.

catran

Thanks Steve! I'm trying to hook up a reactor with Phosban now, to keep the cyno from getting worse. I know people say they really can't see it, but in the photo's it's in the front left hand corner and in several other spots in between rocks. My concern is that I have a large Maxi Mini nem and two very small (Mini) Maxi Mini nems and I don't want them to suffer.

catran

Okay, a little update. I put Phosban in my reactor and it seemed to help a little, but the cyno didn't stop. I got my order of a cuc from ReefCleaners.com yesterday and no more cyno. I guess I just needed more snails to stir the sand. Today I placed the order for my 2nd PC4 and DA top off sensor as well as a MJ400 powerhead. After I get that all connected I should be set!
I also ordered another GFO/Carbon reactor from BRS, I'll be running them in 2 single reactors connected together. That should help keep the water cleaner.