Cat's Frag Tank

catran

Okay, here's an update. I went out to Midwest Coral Farms for their Memorial Day sale this afternoon. I was their first customer so I got a nice couple of colonies and 3 frags!

Here's some pics! Hint- they get smaller and smaller..,

Here's the biggest:
17cecdff.jpg

Another colony:
0ce88fc0.jpg

The frags in front:
fc1bbfa2.jpg

Check out the acrylic stick they use for SPS frags! This one is only 3/4" , but the coolest!
f78a7f16.jpg

QuentinB

Sweet! I was totally wondering what was up with your hand in the last pic, then I realized - gloves! Shell and I may have to swing by that place when we're in the area this summer! I was already considering the museum of science and industry...

catran

Thanks everyone! I've been wanting a colony ever since I started my tanks and I finally got one big and one small one.
@Stretch- the guy told me and I forgot! I'll try and look it up and let you know, the color isn't right in the pics because of the actinics, but the bigone has a pinkish brown base and dark green nubs, I havent seen the polyps yet. I'm not sure, but I think it may be some kind of slimer. The only reason I say that is because it seemed to slime forever when I added it to the tank. Will try and look up the rest too!

catran

Well, Stretch.. the small colony and the two front frags are millepora and the big colony and small frag is acropora. I'm sure there are more fancy names for the colors, I just don't know what.

catran

Thanks JJ! I can't wait to repost pics of them. They're coloring up slowly but surely. The small one is supposed to be a neon green and the big one is just brown. I give them about another week or so!