Cat's Frag Tank

catran

Thanks Dave and Tracy! Well, I received the order from BRS today, temperature probe, PC4, and the reactor I'm going to hook to the other single one. I bought some more frags today. I'm going to wait until I get the rest of my camera equipment to post pics. I want to set up the RKL tonight and finally get everything in order with it. I really need the timers for the lights.

yankieman

sounds like everything is coming together cat maybe we will both be done about the same time ,, of cource i dont think you ever get done lol

Uslanja

Hi Cat! How is the RKL setup coming along? We have an RKL as well but we're waiting to return from vacation before hooking it up. We don't want anything to go wrong while we're away. How did you mount the controller and the modules? Pic?

catran

Pics are on Page 10 post #142. I started with the setup today, but had to leave to meet another local reefer selling frags!! When I got home, I had an awful pain in my shoulder so I decided to sit on my couch and do nothing for a while.
I bought 4 frags today, but I had bought some from Kbra and 3-4 from my LFS, so I have a lot of new frags. Out of concern with flow and lighting, I put some in the RSM. But, I actually took the time to play with the camera when I was doing nothing, so I got up a while ago and took a few pics. I had to stop, so there's not too many. The extension tube is strange, and I can't get a shot over 6 inches I believe with the 18-55. Well, here's what I got. These will all eventually end up in the Frag Tank so I'll show all of them.
Hopefully, I'll start the RKL installation tomorrow, if I have time.

223.jpg

218.jpg

200.jpg

191.jpg

186.jpg

185.jpg

189.jpg

188.jpg

Last edited:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice shots Cat! At the rate you're going, I think you're going to need a bigger frag tank soon, or a second one LOL!

catran

The LFS guy gave me this for pretty cheap because he didn't know what it was... I was thinking Montipora Digitata??

191.jpg

catran

Thanks Terry, Steve, Rob, and JJ!
Yeah, Terry, I'm running out of room and have to get another frag rack!!

catran

:( I'm in big trouble! I don't have room for more tanks. Oh yeah, I have a RSM 250 to fill yet!!! :) :)