BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks yall :) Yea I'm pretty excited about it too :) There are just some of the coral that I'd have a tough time replacing and this way I can take a bit of my Reef with me in the move!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well my new RSM 130D Silver is on the truck and due to my area tomorrow (2/2/2011). I don't know if they'll get it here to my office tomorrow or the next day but regardless it's so CLOSE!

Here's my game plan:

• A) Set up tank ASAP using some sand and Live Rock from existing 90g set-up.
  • B) Get water IDEAL and transport my Wrasse, Clownfish (Nemo), and lobster over to the new tank
  • C) Start fragging some of my Coral Colonies and adding the Frags to the new tank

I NEED to get all of this done and complete in UNDER 2 weeks! Otherwise I will end up paying several hundred $$ in rent and utilities that I would rather NOT spend. In addition to my own personal "reason" to make this happy quickly the landlord is already showing potential tenants the residence to rent AND... it's possible his ex-wife will be assuming this house instead of him and I am NOT going to be a part of that. Personal reasons alone mandate I MUST be out of there in 2 weeks or less.

So who wants to come over and help me "fast frag" some coral?

Once I get a few small frags mounted for my own tank I'm going to open the tank up to anyone local to start buying frags/colonies. Can we say "Open House"?

jpsika08

Good luck BigAl, hope you meet time requirements, can't wait to see pics of the new tank when it's all done.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
If I were close I'd lend a hand :D

Glad to see you got another tank, can't wait to see pics.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hope the weather cooperates ! Best of luck with the transition Allen !!!
1085.gif

catran

Wish I could help....I'm really happy you are getting the RSM and saving you favorite corals! :) Good luck with the fragging!

shark32

Hey BigAl, that's great news that you are starting up a new tank!! Hopefully things are starting to look up for you!! I am sure you will have no problems with a quick start given your expertise!!! Good luck with the move and the new tank!! Can't wait to see some pics!!:D:D:D

jrhaughey

If you weren't 600 miles away and/or gas wasn't $3.20 a gallon, I would be more than happy to help.

Great tank, hate to see you have to tear it down. But look at it this way, by fragging and splitting it up, there will be that many more fantastic tanks that could not have come to be without yours.

steved13

PREMIUM
Congrats on the new tank, welcome to the RSM club.

I was just catching up on your thread, and caught the girl offering $200 over the phone. I love people who make a ridiculous offer over the phone sight unseen. They have no idea what they are even offering money for, yet they know it's not worth what your asking. I had a similar experience selling a car last year, I finally got a little nasty with the bottom feeders.

DBrinson

Al, that's great news. Man, I am in the Southeast and the weather is beautiful, but even if you were my godfather and lived next door, I still wouldn't help you move it. Sorry but reading all these helpful posts has compelled me to come clean.

I got lots of respect for what you are attempting, I just did something very similar myself. I encourage you to go for it!

But I'm not carrying any more livestock around in styrofoam coolers. Everything I have eaten for the last month tasted extra salty :p

Go get 'em Al!

(P.S. My tank was fully stocked and balanced 30 days after the DT arrived. It can be done! I would not recommend that route to most anyone else either, but you'll pull it off fine. There are some advantages to doing it that way also.)

Willie McDaries

Al,sorry to see the 90 coming down,you've done such a wonderful job with that tank,but I'm looking forward to the RSM build thread.....wish I was closer,I'd love to help you with the move or store your coral in my tank :D til you got relocated and ready to go big again....good luck with everything

lcstorc

I'm so glad to hear you are going to be able to keep your special babies.
I finally got my check so if you have anything you don't mind shipping, let me know.
Can't wait to see the new tank. All of your tanks have been super creative so this one ought to be fun. (I really want to see how you get that froggie in there. :) )

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well as "luck" would have it... everything is on a temporary HOLD right now. The new tank is at the right location just nothing is assembled at all yet. I hope to get back on it Sunday.

The reason on "HOLD" is because Monday morning my brothers wife collapsed in the shower and was rushed to the hospital. Upon arrival she was placed on Life Support and in such "critical condition" she couldn't even be moved from the ER. Finally after several hours of work she was stable enough to move upstairs to X-Ray. After the Cat-scan they discovered a MASSIVE kidney stone lodged in her Urethra that had caused an infection that was literally poisoning her whole body. By the time she collapsed it was beyond critical. They rushed her immediately into Emergency Surgery and removed the offending "stone" and installed a DRAIN to help remove the poison from her body. They also started her on insane amounts of antibiotics to help fight the infections. This was about 1am on Tuesday and they gave her less than 10% chance of seeing day-break. She fought hard and indeed did see day-break and throughout the day showed signs of improvement. Early evening they said that if she continued to improve at this rate they would start removing some of the Life-Support Wednesday morning. At about 10:30 I got a TEXT update that her vitals were finally in the "HUMAN" level and she was coherent and able to communicate with hand gestures etc. At 11:10pm I got the phone call where she has passed away. At age 56 her heart simply gave up and she passed on to a better place. On the FLIP side of this... their 3rd grandchild (beautiful black headed lil girl) was born Saturday morning around 6am and my sister in law was able to hold and kiss her for a few hours. She became sick (thought she had caught something) late Saturday night and was never able to return to see her grandchild again.

Since that time I've been almost exclusively staying with my brother trying to help him come to terms and get through this transition in his life. So at least for now I've put the tank and everything non-family on hold. After Saturday I'll get back on track and get things "Set Up".

So any positive thoughts and prayers for our family would be greatly appreciated. Remember, "Life is short and ever so PRECIOUS!"

catran

Al, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Family is everything. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.