BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
All the best Allen ! Here hoping 2011 gets better & thanks for all you have done & do for all of the RS members, I always enjoy your post & you have taught me a lot !!!

I'll agree 1000% with the above!

And on the tank sale as a WHOLE......

thfwp-smiley-09.gif

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! Thanks yall :)

I really appreciate all the kind words both here and in PM's. It's amazing to say the least!!

I'm staying local here to WNC. When I get around to moving it will only be a few miles down the road but I won't have room, $$$ or time for the 90g system as it is now. I've just been so fortunate that the system is almost totally self supporting (other than filling the ATO container 1x a week) because I've neglected it greatly. I've not done a water change THIS year LOL!! No really I've not changed the water in 2+ months (maybe more). I change out a carbon bag every week, feed 2x week and fill the ATO container 1x week. Other than that it's on Auto-Pilot. Talk about LUCKY!! Even with the previous information the coral are growing leaps and bounds. One of them has grown to the point that when I scrape the glass the scraper can't fit between it and the glass. Keep in mind that last year this Monti was 8" from the glass.

Brandon thanks for the PM. I just replied back atcha!!

I'll keep everyone posted here as things progress. Again thanks for the support and friendships. It means a lot!

A.

shark32

Hi BigAl,
Sorry to hear of your tough times. Hope things improve for you fast!! Good luck with the selling of your tank!! Hope you stay on board here at RS, your advice is always great to read!!

TylerHaworth

Really sad to see you stepping out Al, you've been one of my great mentors here! Best of luck with everything you have stealing away all of your reefing resources!

IF you're willing to frag/ship things out, Id love to have a part of your reef transplanted into mine! (And would of course cover costs and then some)

DBrinson

Geez Al, sorry to see you step out ... even though I know you'll be back in the hobby (unless they have rehab programs in NC I don't know about)

I've gotten good advice from many of your posts that were old enough to be "necroed" if I said thanks in one of them. So thanks.

That being said, I hope someone in RS buys your tank, keeps it in the RS community. I recently bought all of the live rock/attached corals from an established 110 gallon tank to jumpstart my 280 with, another two weeks earlier I might have taken a vacation to NC myself.

Try posting your sale through your local reefer's club if you have one, and hang posters up in a LFS that owes you favors (and might want your biz when you return to the hobby)

Don't ever stop posting, or we'll start a drive to change your forum handle to LittleAl.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks buddy! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post here LOL!

I hope someone who appreciates the tank will buy it. I'm getting close on time and really don't want to have to pay an additional month's rent here in order to just wait on the tank to sell. The landlord said he'd give me a VERY reduced rent for the extra month but that's still not the best idea. So far my highest offer is $500 COMPLETE. I had one girl call last night and said she was sure I'd jump all over her offer of $200 (yes 2 x 100). When I told her I would have to have a lot more than that she's got mad and said "Good luck.. I was being overly generous with my offer anyway!"

I'll keep everyone posted. Once I get moved, settled and into a better routine I'll be back to posting.

Again thanks for the support.

Allen

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
$200 was being overly generous? She's got to be crazy! :)
Yeah no doubt. I have to admit I first thought she was kidding then I was kind of P/O'd. I almost offered to give her a cup of "Fuge Goop" for $200

:LOL:

$200 and $500? Were they high?
Apparently so!! Whew!!
Allen - you might try e-bay too a lot of people will see it & you can say local pick up only & set a minimum

YA know that's a good idea. I might try to do that tonight.

Thanks everyone!! :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I sold some exercise equipment that way... wife had a new $400 exercise bike, never used it & I got $200 for it - I put my min. at the same as a Buy it Now price & it sold in one day & the guy came got it that day - Good Luck !

Setragni

I see your are still using my quote, it is a honor coming from such a experienced reefer like you.
Your tank is looking awesome.

DBrinson

The landlord said he'd give me a VERY reduced rent for the extra month but that's still not the best idea.

I had one girl call last night and said she was sure I'd jump all over her offer of $200 (yes 2 x 100). When I told her I would have to have a lot more than that she's got mad and said "Good luck.. I was being overly generous with my offer anyway!"

I shudder to think of what she probably posted about you on facebook after that exchange ...

Still, you could tell your landlord you need the extra month, then offer her "full access" to your old apartment and charge her your "normal" monthly rent while she moves it out :D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok time for an update. As of this writing I've had only one "acceptable" offer and after talking with the gentleman he had no idea what he was wanting to buy. He's never owned a tank PERIOD let alone salt or REEF. Once I talked with him in detail he decided he'd better do some more research and I haven't heard back from him.

I've got SEVERAL people interested in my coral and if this tank doesn't sell "Complete" before Sunday evening I guess I'll start that whole process. I'm going to try and keep a "Frag" of several of my coral and going to keep my Red Planet, Purple/Blue Euphies and maybe even the HUGE Hammer Coral. We'll see.

So here's what I've done...

I've ordered a RSM 130D *Silver* and it should be here to me one day next week. I'm gonna do what I do NOT suggest and try to set up a tank and stock it in a short amount of time. I'll push it and see what happens.

That's all for today!!

:)

You should be fine with the quick tank build and stock, you've got the experience and know how to be able to bend the "rules". Do I smell a new thread? Good luck Al!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats Allen !!! So glad to hear you will still get to have a sw reef tank & get to keep frags of all your favorite corals !!!
1074.gif