Search results

1. S

Large Aussie Orange Plate Coral For Sale

Last coral I have, beautiful orange Aussie. Local pick up only! $75.00, great deal and the coral is in great health just need to get this tank broken down! Bought it for $130. Been in my tanks for many months and has only gotten brighter and bigger!
  2. S

For those of you who plan on upgrading...

Some things you could do with the older RSM 250.. could be a frag tank, qt tank, blah blah blah www.ukzoaswap.co.uk/index.php/topic/2465-rimless-red-sea-max-250-with-sump/?fromsearch=1 Thought it looked cool! Hope I don't get in trouble for posting it :)
  3. S

Cal, alk, mag and many more? Interesting read

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/mindstream-aquarium-monitoring-system-aims-to-change-how-aquarists-measure-aquarium-parameters Anyone hear about this?
  4. S

Selling Tank, lights, and extras

Unfortunately I have to sell my tank right now, nothing is going my way and my tank is sitting next to a sink hole so I'm breaking it down before it gets too close and going to take a break for a bit. I'm going to auction my items away, please be fair as the money will go to another tank...
  5. S

Setting up a water change station

Looking for some advice on a water change station for my garage. Here are some questions I have ... Does the water change station need to be food safe plastic container How long can salt water stay in the container with constant water circulation What are some recommended equipment Thanks!
  6. S

Seneye

Just curious I know a few of you have had it now for awhile, how are you still liking it? Accuracy?
  7. S

Chemiclean and skimmer

I did 4 days of chemi clean with great success, and fixed the problem it was coming from. The only problem is I have done 20 gallons of water change and the skimmer is still going nuts. I was planning on letting the skimmer just do it's thing, the only problem is the massive amount of...
  8. S

Teaching a fish new tricks ...

Well I always see funny stories about fish and what they do on here so I thought id post a new experience with my tank! I have a melanurus wrasse who loves to do what it does best, hunt hunt hunt. (Then eat all the food before any tank mates get any) Well something that seem to start the...
  9. S

Pods

For those of you that dont know I have a RSM 250, and no refugium so I know that's out of the question. What my plan to do was go to my lfs and buy a bottle every week on a water change day and add it to the tank during lights out. Then I read somewhere that there are different pods for...
  10. S

Loc line help

I've seen in a few posts where people have used a 3/4 inch locline on the left return. Now I'm thinking this is way easier than I'm making it out to be .... But how do I get the locline on the return nozzle :drool:
  11. S

In sump media reactor

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fj-bULLMzkw Curious if anyone has one? I see on the comments that people added into the rsm250
  12. S

Amino acids

When is the best time do add these? I've read it doesn't matter somewhere awhile back but I can't remember?
  13. S

Removing or trimming finger leather

Any tips on this one? I'm looking to remove or trim it back. No way to get the rock out so I'd have to do it in the water.
  14. S

Main Return Pump

I've found that my main return pump is just way to powerful and no matter where I direct it I get too much constant push from it and will either give my sand a good push around or I will get too many bubbles from it facing towards the surface. I have left it off for a day now and I love how...
  15. S

Citric Acid?

Kevin recommends getting citric acid to clean test vials ... Anyone know a good place and brand to get? ... In the US of course ;)
  16. S

Reef keeping apps

I know a lot of people don't consider it equipment but I do :P Any good apps out there for tracking results?
  17. S

Radions programming

Running an SPS dominant tank, curious at the programs everyone is running for growth!?
  18. S

Fish food, NOPOX, and Phosphates

Well here is a question for the reef geniuses out there! I feed Dr. Gs coral reef banquet once a day. NOPOX has always helped nitrates. But when it comes to phosphates it's sucked and I really thought about it and I remembering reading something from Aviad about feeding. Do they...
  19. S

Well I'm moving!

Well I'm moving in about a month and I'd love to get some help from everyone here! The trip will be a little too far for me to bring my livestock unfortunately and I wouldn't want to risk losing anything. I will be setting up a new tank to cycle at the new location and would love to hear...
  20. S

No Skimmer Tank..?

As i was sitting in front of my tank cursing the Skimmer God, an idea (bright or not) came to my mind. We use the skimmer to take out any non fish tank loving junk to help control our nitrates and phosphates. Which I completely understand. What came to my mind was our tanks go through a...