Teaching a fish new tricks ...

Well I always see funny stories about fish and what they do on here so I thought id post a new experience with my tank!

I have a melanurus wrasse who loves to do what it does best, hunt hunt hunt. (Then eat all the food before any tank mates get any)

Well something that seem to start the last time I cleaned my glass, I noticed it following my flipper around when I was shoveling algae off. I thought it was peculiar because all the other fish run away like a shark was in town. Today "shim" (don't know if it's a he or she haha) was doing the same thing and I finally understood what shim was doing! Everytime I plunged into the sand to get the algae from the glass I'm guessing it becomes an all you can eat Buffett, and darts to it like lightning! it's like having a second dog that follows you everywhere I go :)

I'll try and get a video of it next time, sorry if I wasted your time reading it but it's exciting when you see fish learning things! Id love to hear some other good ones from everyone!!

DaddyTLi

I wonder if they see pods when you "stir up" the substrate. So shim is "hunting, hunting, hunting" for his/her food.

Tom

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I love videos....and I'd post more of them if I could ever figure out the steps to make them work here.
Fish have very interesting habits & it's fun to figure out why they do things they do :D
A tank full of individual little personalities... Could watch all day :yup: