Main Return Pump

I've found that my main return pump is just way to powerful and no matter where I direct it I get too much constant push from it and will either give my sand a good push around or I will get too many bubbles from it facing towards the surface.

I have left it off for a day now and I love how my tank looks so calm now even though I have two mp40s kicking butt.

What have some of you done ?

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I thought I had made an adapter to get the spin stream to work on the big pump so get the spin stream to stay attached. After a couple of days the pump started blowing sand again. Once I removed the spin stream and tried to change the adapter so it would not blow the sand, I could not get the spin stream to stay attached. I did finally get the spin stream to attach to the side with the smaller pump.

mikecc

Do you got an equipment thread going as sweet as your tank thread is? The real nuts and bolts stuff, lets see some pipes. Thats what I'm askin'. Is it a plumbing solution or an equipment solution?

DaddyTLi

I use loc-line and fan off the "power". You may not want to many since loc-line causes flow resistances. By the time it reached the tip the umph was gone, I had to remove the mid section.

IMG_0521_zpsad2e4d3a.jpg

Tom