Amino acids

lbiminiblue

May I ask what product? The closest I've ever done to this was using Fuel for my tank, one whole bottle. It never really did anything, as far as I can tell, I don't think you should be adding any more organic, degradable matter than you already do with feeding. It might just result in an algae bloom. If anything, dose calcium and other trace elements, not chemicals already abundant in fish food.

I run an LNS i have to use supplemental items in my tank. Feeding the fish would not be enough for all of my sps corals. I was using reef energy and stopped dosing about a week ago and the colors diminished and PE decreased. And the product im dosing is brightwell amino acids. To give you a feel of my numbers i'm at 0 nitrate 0 phosphate and the highest the will go is .25 nitrate or .08 phosphate (and thats if i neglect my tank)

lbiminiblue

I run an LNS i have to use supplemental items in my tank. Feeding the fish would not be enough for all of my sps corals. I was using reef energy and stopped dosing about a week ago and the colors diminished and PE decreased. And the product im dosing is brightwell amino acids. To give you a feel of my numbers i'm at 0 nitrate 0 phosphate and the highest the will go is .25 nitrate or .08 phosphate (and thats if i neglect my tank)
Ok. I imagine you have lots of SPS? Do they all open and close at around the same time? By .25 for nitrate, do you mean ap.25 ppm? If so that's fantastic. I would dose sparingly, and preferably when the corals are open. I know they can absorb nutrients while closed, but when they're open they have more surface area.

I have some large ones and a lot of frags. PE is all day and night. That's why I'm trying to figure what time !

And yes ppm haha

lbiminiblue

Do it at the time when ALL are open. If you have a sumo, if out the liquid in there so it's dispersed more evenly. If not, put it in a power heads fan. That way it won't be poured in and cause a massive cloud of nutrients that might upset a fish.