Search results

1. lcstorc

Not sure this qualifies as meet and greet but more of an I'm back

Some of you may know me and many of you do not. My name is Lynn and I used to be a moderator here before life got in the way. I have a bit of time now so hopefully I can begin being more active again. (with my tanks and the forum) Anyway, just saying hi for now.:hug1:
  2. lcstorc

Missing blue-spots

Does anybody out there know something about the breeding habits of these guys? I have a pair that have disappeared and that is the only thing I can think of. They have been living in my 90 for several years now and the male is always flashing. About two weeks or so ago they both went missing...
  3. lcstorc

Tanked

I don't know how many people have watched it but I believe it is in it's 2nd season. It's these guys who own a really wild custom aquarium shop. The stuff they build is more wild that I could even imagine. The episode I just watched they built an aquarium inside of a car. Seems like they are...
  4. lcstorc

Check out today's Bing home page for something familiar

bing.com
  5. lcstorc

Say goodbye to the United States manned space program

Well, it is time to say goodbye. Today shortly before noon is the final launch of the Space Shuttle program. It is the shuttle Atlantis the only Orbiter in the fleet that has not yet been retired. It's been a great but sometimes heart-wrenching era, but like all good things is coming to an...
  6. lcstorc

Looking for new L.E.D. lighting options

As some of you may know, a couple of years ago I jumped on the Solaris bandwagon before PFO went out of business. I actually ended up with one of their very last units and it has been good to me for several years. Well, that all ended last weekend. One of the power supply connectors fried...
  7. lcstorc

Macna

Will you have a booth at MACNA with some of your famous "specials".
  8. lcstorc

Lynn's early B-day present.

Yes, I finally got them. They are really really tiny but have been here since Sunday and are both eating so I felt I could make the announcement. They are both considered grade A Picassos but I am betting at least one will be a Snowcasso before they are grown. They are both adorable but...
  9. lcstorc

Why do I let him get away with it?

A couple of years ago Frank decided he wanted a playtoy. Before I knew anything about it, he had already worked it into the budget and was like a little kid so he got a new toy. Here is it. That is about halfway through his ownership of the car. It seemed like there was a constant flow of...
  10. lcstorc

What return pump should I get

Ok, we are re-doing all of the plumbing on our 125 and in the process want to get a new return pump. Right now we are running a Mag 18 externally, but apparently we have had trouble with leaks running it externally so Frank wants to go with a true external pump. The current plumbing takes a...
  11. lcstorc

$^#$^@$^ pistol shrimp

I have just about had enough of this guy. We fell in love with this little goby at the LFS like 6 months ago so we decided to buy him for the 20g tank. Then the owner told us he was paired with the pistol and he wouldn't separate them so we bought the pair. I have always thought the...
  12. lcstorc

Finally decided to ask.

This coral has been slowly growing in my tank for years. It just kind of appeared and has slowly grown enough to see some detail and I am curious to find out what it is. As far as I can tell, it harms nothing, but is just one of those things. It is still not very large. For size reference...
  13. lcstorc

MACNA XXI tickets

Unfortunately I am going to have to miss this year's MACNA. I just started a new job and just can't get the time off. Since I go every year, I already bought my tickets so I now have 2 Full Registration tickets for sale. They come with $90 worth of raffle tickets that I also pre-purchased...
  14. lcstorc

Recommendations for 24in T5 lights.

I have looked at so many lights at this point that my head is spinning so I figured I would get my buddies at RS to help me out. Here is the deal. I am looking for a new light for my 24in I think 20g aquarium. (Isn't it sad that I don't even remember.) I am not a DIY person so retrofit is not...
  15. lcstorc

Bluespot companions/anthias

As many of you know I have a 90g tank that is pretty much dedicated to my two bluestpots. Othe inhabitants are 4 PJ Cardinals, One yellow corris wrasse, one blenney (relative of lawnmower but I don't know the specific type) and a small Tomini tang. The bluespots pretty much stay in their...
  16. lcstorc

Grape Caulerpa

HELP! I just cannot get rid of the stuff. I know all of the standard eliminate algae rules and preach them every day, but I can just not get rid of the stuff. I have to feed several times a day because I have a harem of anthias and I know that is part of the problem but I am looking for what I...
  17. lcstorc

Lynn's frag tank experiment

OK, I feel really stupid on this one but I am honestly unsure of what to do. I am setting up a frag tank. It is a totally separate tank and is not attached to any of the other tanks at all. I have a 150w light, the tank (I don't even know how big it is.) and as many power heads as anybody...
  18. lcstorc

Olympus underwater camera

We just ordered this camera last night and wanted to see if anybody has used it or has any opinion on the camera. It looks pretty cool and with the cruise coming up and of course tank pics it seemed to make sense. Clutzy me also figured into the equation since I just dropped and broke my camera...
  19. lcstorc

You know you live in the country when..

You bring your kids to a birthday party which is a pig roast and bonfire and this is one of the vehicles out front. Hmm I wonder what happened to the truck?
  20. lcstorc

Do the dip?

Ok well, I just bought a monti cap and I bought some Lugol's thinking I should probably start this dipping that everybody talks about. Then I came home and did a search on RS (after the fact, I know, but I know the coral just not the dip. :) ) At least with a quick search, it seems that most...