$^#$^@$^ pistol shrimp

lcstorc

I have just about had enough of this guy.
We fell in love with this little goby at the LFS like 6 months ago so we decided to buy him for the 20g tank. Then the owner told us he was paired with the pistol and he wouldn't separate them so we bought the pair.
I have always thought the relationship was a fascinating one so I was really excited.
Anyway, they were not paired and quickly separated to separate rocks and pretty much ignore each other.
Man, is this pistol a digger. Sand, sand everywhere. Hey, I have jawfish in another tank, so I am used to sand everywhere. Slightly annoying but no big deal.
A couple of small fish including the original goby,
have gone missing and of course he was a suspect, but there was no evidence.
Now he has turned into a THIEF. First is was some unattached zoas. Then a frag plug with zoas. Now he has just gone too far. He has stolen my new Crocea. At first I thought it was jumping or getting knocked off of the rock by my clown but this morning Mr. pistol had dragged the clam under the rock and into his den.
I think the clam will be ok. I moved it into another one of my tanks where it should be good.
Just had to vent.
I may try to catch him and re-locate him to the fuge but for now, I will just make sure everything is secure so he can't move them.

lcstorc

Nah, I've had him too long to even think about that.
I have a perfectly fine 29g fuge where he can make his home along with a random crab or two as well as a few bad guy snails I have found over the years.
First I have to catch him, and that is going to be a lot of fun. We have been wanting to re-do that tank anyway so I guess we will now. Enough is enough.

razorvines

Lynn surely you saw my horror story before you bought that little bugger!
I don't care how cute his partner is, those darn pistols are not welcome anywhere near my tanks!

lcstorc

Couldn't have seen your horror story first Jason. I bought him like the end of last year.

DrHank

:nopity: Lynn, I'm sure it will make a wonderful addition to your fuge if it doesn't kill the crabs or starve to death.