Tanked

lcstorc

I don't know how many people have watched it but I believe it is in it's 2nd season. It's these guys who own a really wild custom aquarium shop. The stuff they build is more wild that I could even imagine. The episode I just watched they built an aquarium inside of a car. Seems like they are fish only with fake corals and stuff but they only did 3 projects this episode so who knows what they may do on other episodes.
Oh, it is on Animal Planet I think on Monday nights, but we recorded it so I am not sure when it was actually on.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I thought it doesn't start until the 19th! What provider do you have Lynn? I have ATT...

lcstorc

Direct TV but from what I have been hearing it was a sneak peek kind of thing. It starts on the 19th so program your DVR.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I still can't believe they snuck a peek already! I've been waiting weeks to watch it and missed the sneak! Anyone have it they can send do I can watch it? No idea how I'd do it but I'll try :)

Sent from my BigAl's Berry using Tapatalk

chelseagrin

i think its great that they are finally starting a show on reefing, hopefully it will get alot of people interested, which you could also argue is a bad thing haha.

Funlad3

We had a discussion on this in another thread. I'm hoping that because they show the maintenance side of this hobby (I think!), there will most likely be a increase in new SWers but they will be more informed, unlike the nemo-effect.

lcstorc

The official "first" episode didn't impress me as much as the preview did. I was laughing at how they made a big deal about making sure the seals on the TV boxes were waterproof. If they can't make an acrylic box to keep out water then I worry about them making a tank to keep water in.
I really would like to see their filtration equipment. All of the tanks so far are FO with IMO really bad artificial corals.
Another question is who maintains these tanks. I can't imagine trying to keep the one in the phone booth clean. How on earth would you reach the bottom to remove detritus?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Lynn I totally agree with you. That tall "Phone Booth" was not only a nightmare for bottom cleaning but was WAY over stocked. Holy Cow!!

Alien2100

Sorry to say, I was not impressed with this show at all. These people are more about the business than the hobby. My questions is how many of those fish died from being placed in unestablished tanks, not to mention not even a cycle. Hmm let's see, "Hot water, salt and ice, oh now let's add the fish." Wow, I hope that's not going to be in every episode. Not to mention the over crowed phone booth tank. I see more harm than good from this show. I was hoping to see more on the educational side of the hobby along with cool displays. I hope Animal Planet restructures it's future episodes of this show, or cancels it.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Keep in mind this isn't an "Educational" show. It's not supposed to be about "How to set-up/maintain" tanks. It's about fun antics and getting to see some amazing tanks. It's ENTERTAINMENT which is really all we can take it for. Anything else is implied and wrong. Get a bowl of popcorn, a glass of (insert your fav beverage here) and enjoy the harmless antics and AWESOME tanks.

dmatt88

Keep in mind this isn't an "Educational" show. It's not supposed to be about "How to set-up/maintain" tanks. It's about fun antics and getting to see some amazing tanks. It's ENTERTAINMENT which is really all we can take it for. Anything else is implied and wrong. Get a bowl of popcorn, a glass of (insert your fav beverage here) and enjoy the harmless antics and AWESOME tanks.

Al, as always well spoken. +1

Sent from Matts DROID x using Tapatalk