Search results

1. Anselth

Rebirth of a 110 Gallon Mixed Reef

Well, about a year ago my 110 Gallon system crashed suddenly, leaving me sad and discouraged. My 70 Gallon Reef continued chugging along, doing fairly well, but I didn't feel like adding any new fish to it and really just kept up the status quo. I didn't break the 110 down, however. A couple of...
  2. Anselth

110 Crashing

I'm at the end. A couple weeks ago, some of my corals started to look stressed out and I got a little bit of an algae bloom. So I changed the water and changed the carbon and Phosban. Didn't help. Parameters were all in line, did another WC, same thing. Corals started to die. Fast forward 2...
  3. Anselth

Closet Clean Out

So, I posted some of this once and neglected to subscribe to the thread, and didn't think I got any responses, my apologies. Have a few things to sell to make room for all the junk I accumulate: 2 Ushio 10k double-ended metal halide bulbs. Used for about 1 month. $50 each, or both for $85 Aqua...
  4. Anselth

Making some room

Alright, When setting up my 70 and 110 I either ordered stuff I didn't end up needing, or replaced some things. I'm going to be poking through what I have, but here's a start, at least: One Quiet One 6000 Pump: Proved to be too much for what I was trying to do. Used for maybe a week, probably...
  5. Anselth

Pacific East Aquaculture

Placed an order with them on Sunday evening for a frag pack, as well as a membership. Beth called me Monday morning to ask if I saw a frag that I would like as my bonus for signing up for the membership. I hadn't realized that you could get this bonus frag right away, so I added a purple...
  6. Anselth

Dosing Pump/suggestions

I'm looking into moving into dosing two part solutions in my reef tanks. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a dosing pump, and how to set up such a system.
  7. Anselth

Dosing

Does anyone dose magnesium or strontium? How do you do it, and why? I'm looking into the benefits of dosing additives besides Kalk to my system.
  8. Anselth

Fish Habitrail?

Shale pointed this out to me, and I feel compelled to share. I don't think you could actually have a reef in this thing, but... aquagallery
  9. Anselth

My 110 Gallon Build

This build is going to take a little while...Picked up my 110 Gallon tank finally. It's currently filling with water. Sitting on my DIY stand, it's almost 6 feet tall. I'm building a canopy to hold two metal halides and two 54w t5 actinics, which will add another 13 inches of height. The...
  10. Anselth

Anselth's 70 Gallon Tech Tank upgrade

Well, I'm constantly finding that your current setup is never enough. I've been planning on upgrading to a 110 for a while now and moving my 50 gallon out into the living room. Well, I was out today and bumped into a 70 gallon Oceanic Tech tank with stand that was the same footprint as my 50. I...
  11. Anselth

Resource/Links page?

Could we compile a list of online resources into one place? Some sort of one-way link database that members could add links to with a brief description? On a related subject, maybe a list of recommended books as well?
  12. Anselth

Weld-On

Anyone in the NJRC know where to get Weld-On in our area?
  13. Anselth

Equipping a 90 Gallon

Alright, so over the past few months, I've started building up my stockpile of equipment to start up my 90 when I get home. So far this is what I have: Stand - i built it myself, 33" interior height so I have plenty of room for equipment. Lighting - 2 250w metal halides with Ushio 10k...
  14. Anselth

Lighting a frag tank

Hey! I am thinking about plumbing a frag tank into my upcoming system. I'll have a 36" 2x96w PC fixture I won't be using. Will this be enough light over a tank that's only 16-20" deep to light SPS frags? If not I'll wait on fragging any high light species till I can get a bank of T5s.
  15. Anselth

Pacific East Aquaculture

Had a great experience with them. Ordered a bunch of frags for a Saturday delivery. They waited until 5 to pack and ship them, and they arrived at 1030 the next morning. I recieved an e-mail a couple of minutes after they arrived asking if everything had gotten there ok - apparently they called...
  16. Anselth

New store in Delran?

Just heard tell of a new LFS that opened in Delran. It's supposed to be in the Shoprite shopping center across the way from Pets Plus. Anyone heard about it or been in there?
  17. Anselth

Gate valve benefits?

Looking at different skimmer designs. What are the benefits of a gate valve mod to an Octopus or ASM skimmer?
  18. Anselth

Sump baffles

OK, so I've already built one sump. Starting to plan the sump for my next tank. Trying to recall my fluid dynamics, and am drawing a blank. I can't make the third baffle in an over-under-over layout taller than the first to raise the water level in the return section while keeping the skimmer...
  19. Anselth

Black Seams

OK, what's the deal with black silicone seams on glass tanks? Does this give some sort of benefit?
  20. Anselth

Nautilus TE Skimmer

Does anyone have any experience with this skimmer? I'm thinking of upgrading the skimmer in my tank eventually, and found a few good deals on these.