Dosing Pump/suggestions

Anselth

I'm looking into moving into dosing two part solutions in my reef tanks. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a dosing pump, and how to set up such a system.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hi Adam :)
I am currently trying to decide between the GRO TECH III NG (german pump) and the LiterMeter III.

The TEC III NG comes with three pumps and you can add more if desired up to a total of 11 different channels.
GroTech Aquarientechnik GmbH
Has 3 roller drive motor for precise dosing.
Min/max: 0-1999 ml/day.
Dosing frequency: up to 24 times per day.
Pumping height & distance: unknown
Warranty: unknown
Cost: $560 includes shipped.

The Spectrapure LiterMeter III comes with one pump and you can add more up to a total of 3 different channels.
NOTE: the new pumps are metal (stronger), the older models have plastic pumps.
Aquarium Fish
Has 3 roller drive motor for precise dosing.
Min/Max: 1.7 oz(50 ml)/26 gallons per day
Dosing frequency: Doses above amount over a 24 hour period in 150 increments.
Pumping height: can pump up to 60 ' above, can draw from 25 ' below
5 year warranty
Cost: $300 single pump, plus $140 ea additional pump ($580 for a three pump set, plus shipping)

I am leaning more towards the GRO TEC III NG because of its ability for variable dosing of 0-1999 ml/day. The litermeter III doses a minimum of 50 ml per day which may be too much for my balling complete dosages.

Also, per the reviews I have read, do NOT get any dosing pump that has only TWO roller drives. They are not precise and they may back siphon.

I hope this info helps you :)

Anselth

Thanks Doni. The GRO seems like the best bet for me, since my two part dosage will likely be below the 50mL minimum on my 70. And I like the ability to add more pumps if I need to later on.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Doni, since the Gro-Techs are made in Europe is the power supply plug modified for the US market or is that something we have to do?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
OK. I currently top off with kalk as well. How often do you test and dose?

Weekly testing and usually biweekly additions when needed. I will stop using kalkwasser when I begin the balling complete so I know the needed ca/alk will increase! I will then need to test daily or every other day until needed.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Doni, since the Gro-Techs are made in Europe is the power supply plug modified for the US market or is that something we have to do?

I checked on this already. The TECH III will come with the appropriate US power supply :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
...just make sure you mention in the comments that you want the US 110v model.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Doni, when are we ordering?:D I've ordered my NaCl-free salt from Drew's site. I got an e-mail that it's on its way from Germany!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Yep, mine is on the way too. All I need to order now are the supplements from DarkLordCoral and the dosing pump.... ohhh... and several 2.5 gal jugs from bulkreefsupply... I think that is all...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
We can use our refund from the Fed Government's economic stumulus package!:lol: Send the money to Germany!:laughroll