110 Crashing

Anselth

I'm at the end.

A couple weeks ago, some of my corals started to look stressed out and I got a little bit of an algae bloom. So I changed the water and changed the carbon and Phosban. Didn't help. Parameters were all in line, did another WC, same thing. Corals started to die. Fast forward 2 weeks and three water changes later, and I've lost almost all of my corals. Even my shrooms have shriveled up to nothing. Now my fish are starting to look bad. My blenny had appeared to lose a lot of weight, so I switched to a different type of nori and he seemed to be eating well and recovering. Now he appears to be blind and is a stick - I don't know if he'll make it to tomorrow. My Angel and Tang are going pale, and though still active, something is definitely wrong. There are some pale blotches on the Wrasse. Sarah and I are going to set up a QT and try to get everyone into it and figure out what's going wrong, but I have no idea what it could be. Need help. Anyone have any clue? I tried to get some pictures of the angel and tang, but they're hiding out now. Please help.

acemow

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, I just wanted to respond, even though I'm probably not much help. QT is a great way to at least treat the fish and hopefully have good results. Monitor the ammon. nitrite levels and be prepared to do WC on QT possibly small ones more than once a day if you're setting up the QT in an emergency situation. If you need to treat fish with meds, and need to keep them together in same QT, keeping the med levels up is important. If you can post your params and equipment info, age of it and such, I'm sure help will come ASAP. QT will buy you some time to get things leveled out I think. Do you have a ground probe, maybe some stray current in tank, any airborne chemicals in the air that got into tank, anything new you put in? Just some ideas. Hang in there!!

smkndrgn142

Wow, that sucks! It sounds like it has to be something in your water...can you post your actual results? Also what kind of filter your running and what not...if you're getting an algae bloom, there has to be some amount of Nitrate and Phosphate in the water...though unless these levels are really high, it's probably not what's killing your corals and fish. Could your heater have stopped working?...