Search results

1. FishinBob

Removing scratches from starphire glass!

Well I figured I would share some of my results from removing scratches from a used tank I recently purchased. Tank is an elos 160xl couldn't pass it up, looked fairly good but the tank was dirty. And coraline covered one panel as it as setup as a peninsula. Here's what it looked like. Looks...
  2. FishinBob

Restoring DIY rapid led panels

Hey everyone finally getting the tank back up and running and restoring my old DIY Led fixtures from rapid. After gazing upon the Ghl mitra(thanks for the rundown marco) and seeing the adjustability and color I'm going to attempt on a budget to replicate. Fixture previously had 1:1 rb to cw...
  3. FishinBob

Need advice copper intrusion!

Well everything that can go wrong seemingly did... in the process of moving and and setup a 55 Gallon temp tank while I overhauled the 90. Setup in garage due to space with half my rock and most of my LPS colonies. Long story short high Temps in the garage forced me to place a small ac fan over...
  4. FishinBob

Ummm hmmm ...wow.. Clam 1 - fish 0

Well clam has been looking pretty bad lately had no idea why moved em, lower flow, more light same issue. Well I think I found out now Well this wrasse was sold as a baby leapord wrasse turned out to be checkerboard wrasse. He was a total terror chased everyone picked at snails shrimp now clam...
  5. FishinBob

Bulk reef supply group BUY 1/29/2013

Hey everyone getting ready to place an order wondering if anyone wanted to jump in on the group buy either pm me your last name and email address or post to the forum! Going for tuesday jan 29th!
  6. FishinBob

Red bugs again!

Well I got a large rock a while ago from a guy with a couple small Acro's encrusting on it... Was exactly what I was looking for my scape and didn't notice it had redbugs(didn't know much about them) well after a while the population increased and acros all become pale and growth slowed! I used...
  7. FishinBob

Neighbors think I'm growing POT!!

Well was relaxing this morning and I got a call from my landlord! I live on the second floor condo and I have a 10 gallon in my bedroom(led lighting 20k) And 90 gallon in the living room(15-20k LEDs) landlord says to me " the condo association thinks your growing pot, they see the light from...
  8. FishinBob

Should I buy this? Mp40

At LFS and they had a new never used mp40 old style not es for 280 should I scoop this up? To make this like the new ones all I would need is the controller right?
  9. FishinBob

Crocea clam advice/opinion!

Well noticed today at lights out clam doesn't close up and shell seems "open". Reacts to light or movement quickly and extends the mantle fully it seems but looks "gaping" kinda let me know what you think? 90 gallon Lighting 84 LED DIY fixture 60 and 80 lens On sandbed on top of rock Temp...
  10. FishinBob

90 gallon "Show" fish mixed reef

I just returned a lamarack angel cause of nipping and aggressiveness to tankmates. Really want a watanabe female like 2-3", but lamarack put a bad taste in my mouth for angels. I'm looking to grow out a smaller fish and upgrade in the next 2 years to a 180. Any suggestions on generally peaceful...
  11. FishinBob

Reef Safe Angel fish experience!

Well I know most if not all angels are considered not reef safe.... Some more so than other like bellus, Lamarck, watanabe, and a few others. I have a 90 gallon mixed reef now and I added a large male lamarck angel (actually a favor for a buddy who owns a LFS) and he nipped just about...
  12. FishinBob

Dosing pump selection?

Hey everyone wondering on choice of dosing pumps I'm contemplating 3 drews dosing pumps or the bubble magus t-101. 3 drews would run 230ish diy with project box, or 3 standard, no timers( but easier when I get the apex sometime but also takes up 3 outlets) bubble magus doser is all in one timers...
  13. FishinBob

Return pump suggestions!

I have a rimless 17 gallon tank I just drilled with a glass-holes overflow rated at 300gph with 2x 1/2" return lines. I also have 3' of head pressure... This tank is my bedroom tank so I'm looking for a quiet but strong enough return pump was looking into the sicce syncra silent 1.5 which...
  14. FishinBob

17 gallon drilled overflow rimless REEF!

Hey everyone have a 10 gallon rimed aga tank i started about 7 months ago tank is pretty stocked and is basically my frag tank for my 90 gallon right now! As of now DIY 14 Cree LED fixture cascade 400 filter Hydor 300 nano 50 watt heater Has been running great but want a different look! So I...
  15. FishinBob

Frogspawn splitting?

Hey guys my frogspawn started spitting...head on the left 2 Months ago, Head on the right about a month. The left seems to have 4 mouth holes and a bit shriveled. The right has 2 and is nice and full! Is this normal? Shouldn't it fill out then split? Tank 10 gallon Temp 78.6 Ph 8.2 Nitrates 1...
  16. FishinBob

Monti questions help!

Well came hone today and noticed my Monti cap has small strings coming out the polyp holes guessing it is slime prolly just bad water parameters just wanted to know if anyone has had this! 10 gallon 14 3watt crees 8" from water no optics 77.9 deg Ph. 8.0 Nitrates read 0 Phos. .5 as of...
  17. FishinBob

FishinBOBs 10 gallon LED nano reef

Hey everyone started a 10 gallon reef tank about a month ago had some cured rock and water in a cooler for a couple months and petco had the dollar a gallon sale so I figured why not!! Here's what I got! 10 gallon tank DIY 14 LED fixture 7 royal blue, 6 cool white, and 2 blue Cascade 400 in...
  18. FishinBob

FishinBobs 90 gallon reef journey!

Hello all!!! Well this is my first SW tank after months of research and collecting up parts for my tank I finally got it all set up... Here's what I got! 90 gallon tank Custom DiY solid oak stank 2 40watt t8 bulbs 1 blue, 1 10k (will be upgrading to DIY LEDs here in the next week or 2, going...
  19. FishinBob

New rock from florida live rock!

Well took a drive to Tampa today to pickup some rock from Dale at Florida live rock... Quite porous and covered in life from tube corals to encrusting sponges and feather dusters all over!! Picked up around 75-85 lbs 40 coraline, 20 premium coraline and around 10-15 of the deco rock! you can...
  20. FishinBob

DIY 40 gallon sump/refugium

Well finally getting it all together got the 1/4" glass cut the other day and got some silicone now for the fun part!! Used a 40 gallon breeder tank.. And divided it up into 3 10" sections with 2 baffles between skimmer and fuge, and 3 baffles between fuge an return. I have about 7.5 gallons in...