Return pump suggestions!

FishinBob

I have a rimless 17 gallon tank I just drilled with a glass-holes overflow rated at 300gph with 2x 1/2" return lines.
c6e4e8df-7009-c109.jpg

c6e4e8df-709f-6846.jpg

c6e4e8df-701d-1b76.jpg

I also have 3' of head pressure... This tank is my bedroom tank so I'm looking for a quiet but strong enough return pump was looking into the sicce syncra silent 1.5 which would give me around 230-250 gph, heard they were quiet and somewhat reasonably priced any one use these pumps? any other suggestions ?

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Mag 5 might be a little much but I think is the perfect choice, just be sure to put a ball valve on it and you're golden.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Put a ball valve.in the pump and the return. U can dial down whatever u need coming or going. :D

....... I'm Matt n i have a reef obsession.

FishinBob

So mags are the unanimous choice I see... I do like their build quality but I have a 9.5 and it's a bit noisy... Then again who knows how old it is(bought it as package from CL) like I said this will be in my bedroom so noise is a factor...

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
FishinBob said:
So mags are the unanimous choice I see... I do like their build quality but I have a 9.5 and it's a bit noisy... Then again who knows how old it is(bought it as package from CL) like I said this will be in my bedroom so noise is a factor...

Ear plugs solves all your problems... They allow you to buy the better equipment, even if it's louder...

...."Fish" Happens!....

FishinBob

Ear plugs solves all your problems... They allow you to buy the better equipment, even if it's louder...

...."Fish" Happens!....

Lmao I like your style lol not an option though I guess a silicone pad would do it probably too! Thanks