Red bugs again!

FishinBob

Well I got a large rock a while ago from a guy with a couple small Acro's encrusting on it... Was exactly what I was looking for my scape and didn't notice it had redbugs(didn't know much about them) well after a while the population increased and acros all become pale and growth slowed! I used the Bayer advanced dip at 1ml per 2 cups( heavy side of a dose) and dipped all my frags for 15 mins and the rock with the encrusting acros I just kinda held the rock and swished the corals for 5-10 mins trying to avoid the rock absorbing any Bayer. All red bugs died quickly and corals reacted great and bounced back quick. But after a couple weeks the encrusting rock showed signs of redbugs again and now spreading! I think the Bayer works well but don't want to risk introducing it into the system with the rock I also want to avoid a whole tank treatment to keep my shrimp and copepod population intact! So I'm going to set up a 10 gallon and treat that rock only for about a week with high concentrations! I also haven't been able to find any interceptor locally anyone know where I could get some online or does anyone have a spare pill to sell me? Just want these things gone!!

soco

Contact your vet im under the impression that you can get interceptor from them

FishinBob

Contact your vet im under the impression that you can get interceptor from them

I have tried our family friend a vet, and he said they are backordered and he is using a different product forgot the name! I called a few other and they said bring in your dog and we can write you a prescription.... ( I have fish and corals no furries) read online production has stopped and is to start back up next year sometime!

PSU I'm in south Florida I'd gladly paypal you or something if u could send me some!! I finally got my system dialed in with the dosing system and growth and color was best I've seen... Now it's slowed and color has decreased! :(

FishinBob

Lol side note psu did u get that new DMB cd? Pretty great sound different but equally great... Lillywhite brought it back!!!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I did get the new cd and the DVD. I love the DVDs. Definitely a different but do was busted stuff so I'm sure it will grow on me!

I'd surely send you some but I "believe" it is illegal to..... Anyone able to confirm that?

FishinBob

Yup exactly!!! We were going to get the DVD pack dang we were just talking about that too!! It will drunken solder is an awesome track!!!
Oh yeah didn't consider that... Hmmm don't know the legalitys of that I'll search around hopefully someone else can chime in!!

reeferman

you have to have a prescription for interceptor so it would indeed be illegal to distribute it around.interceptor was taken off the market also so youre gonna have to do a little searching for it but it can be found.

FishinBob

Yup that's what I thought.... Dang... Well guess it's driving around town with a stack of papers and pictures trying to convince a vet to write me a script! :/ dang!

Choff

"are you calling me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller, prank caller!"

Sent using Tapatalk 2

FishinBob

Nope no ring...tried 2 more vets today... One gentleman was interested and talked with me for 15-20 mins only to tell me he hasn't had any interceptor in stock for months but did tell me to check back in the next few months. The other one just replied we don't work with fish(he didn't want to be bothered so away I went)! Ok
Well so options are dip all frags( 12 or so) in Bayer for 15 mins then a 10 min lugols and back to display! The redbug colony is on an encrusted Acro on the rock... Rock is simple to remove but don't want to soak The rock in Bayer poison afraid of seepage! I have read parizipro in high concentrations works decent but requires repeated dips!

Here's my plan:

Pull all acros and redbug rock
Setup 10 gallon quarantine tank for redbug rock with high parazipro for 6-8 hrs then 90% water change (maybe with lugols? For an added bang) and another 1hr soak
Any opinions on a lugols soak for resbug rock or would you think it would leach to much iodine back into system?

Make a 4 dip/bath for frags
1 Bayer. .5ml to 2 cups
2 lugols.
3 sw (soak)
4 sw (dip)

Any ideas comments suggestions? Any and all welcome!!! Thanks

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd do a total control (think that's the name now) BAYER treatment. Many have done this with GREAT success.

Teeran88

I know livestock solutions are always hit or miss but dragonface pipefish are supposed to help control redbugs... Perhaps a thought for any remaining stragglers that don't get taken care of with the dips....

FishinBob

I'd do a total control (think that's the name now) BAYER treatment. Many have done this with GREAT success.

Yup I use the total control, works great for dips of frags. Kills everything amazing product just not so great for encrusted on rocks!

FishinBob

Well called every vet within 30 miles and finally said ok to bring a coral in and fill out patient information! Got the run around for a while called the distributor and they were the only people that knew of the use and told me to have the vet call them to explain! Well after the vet agreed to call the rep and scheduled me an appointment! Now I only think they have medium pills In stock so a bit of research is needed for new dosage but going to remove most corals for 6 hrs and treat a 40 gallon tank with interceptor then proceed with Bayer then light lugols dip before returning to the display... Then in a week or so remove most snails shrimp and crabs and give a medium interceptor dose and follow as needed! Just want to minimize the tank nuke effect(killing off pods and crawlers)