90 gallon "Show" fish mixed reef

FishinBob

I just returned a lamarack angel cause of nipping and aggressiveness to tankmates. Really want a watanabe female like 2-3", but lamarack put a bad taste in my mouth for angels. I'm looking to grow out a smaller fish and upgrade in the next 2 years to a 180.
Any suggestions on generally peaceful reef safe show fish? Any ideas welcome not to knowledgeable in the fish dept! Thanks

Octoman

I have a blackspot swallowtail, Genicanthus melanospilos, that actually behaves like a little angel. She is good towards her tankmates, always out in the middle, and IMO, one of the best looking fish in the tank. Granted, it is a 500g, but there are quite a few fish in there for her to mess with if she wanted to.

I've always had bad luck with dwarf angels in reefs (4 out of 4 nipped corals eventually)

Other suggestions that I have kept...

Mystery wrasse - striking colors, in and out of the rocks all day
Marine betta (may eat shrimp) - beautiful, but hides most of the time
Tomini tang - always busy and out in the open

Willie McDaries

group of anthias...

the bartletts are stunning

p-80555-Bartletts-Male.jpg

also the Maldives lyretails...I have these

lg-89659-Maldives-Lyretail-.jpg

these are a bit pricy but very beautiful-Ventralis Anthias

p-89378-ventralis.jpg

rufus2008

That's odd for a lamarck angel. I have one now for at least two years, its 3 inches long and had never had aggression problems with its tankmates. They are reef safe and actually are the only angel that won't nip corals. Sorry to hear yours didn't work out.

FishinBob

Thanks guys... I'm looking into the wrasse dept I atleast need one... I have 2 anthias 1 barlet and one dispar... I would love a trio of dispar! Yeah I'm thinking the reason he was a nipper was cause he was so large.. He was around 4 1/2 - 5 1/2" and only in a 90 so not much grazing room like I said also pretty aggressive! I went looking around today and saw a nice small scopas... But any other suggestions?