Search results

1. Z

Custom Frag Tanks?

Hi all, I'm in the progress of setting up a frag tank... my question/problem is I'm not sure where I should shop to get the tank. I'd like to get a 48"x30"x14". I know there will be some shaded or lesser covered light areas but that will be where the softies and lower light corals will go...
  2. Z

Disaster Avoided...Hopefully

Whew... this morning I noticed my 28 nanocube was running hot (for the morning temp). Usually fluctuates from 78.5 to 80 throughout the day with no adverse affects on the corals or fish. So this morning it was 80, so I turned the fan on high, didn't think a lot about it then went to work...
  3. Z

Frag Racks

For those of you that have frag racks attached to the glass, where do you get yours and what kind do you like? The front of the tank is getting full so its time to expand upwards
  4. Z

Asterina stars

This morning I turned on the lights and found some asterina stars, probably spotted a half dozen. This is the first time I have ever seen any of these in one of my tanks; I have no idea if I should go on a rampage against these or leave them be. Anyone know if they are good or bad? Thanks for...
  5. Z

Favorite Zoanthid Sites

Zoanthids are my thing, like all the different colar combos and ability to spread quick. Of course I find/trade a lot of stuff locally, but what are your favorite online sites to order zoas for? I'ds like to add some more exotic frags/colonies to the collection.
  6. Z

Bye Bye Sixline

I purchased a smal sixline wrasse yesterday. In my previous tank I had great success with them, generally very easy to keep fish. In the LFS he looked healthy, ate like a pig. Everything seemed to be fine when I got home, wake up and hermits have his dead body tackled in the back of the tank...
  7. Z

Nanocube Lighting Probs

I have a 28 gallon nano cube, 150 hqi and two 18w pc actinics. My problem is, I switch the halide on and two minutes later they turn off. Its like its trying to turn on but just won't. Do you think its just the fuse or something else?
  8. Z

WTB: CO2 Tanks

I'm looking for at least one CO2 tank. If you have any extra laying around or one your wanting to get rid of shoot me a PM. Thanks
  9. Z

Auto Top-Off Systems?

I am considering buying an auto top off system because I am hoping to take a job where I could travel up to a week a month, more likely a week every couple months. I'm also training my girlfriend as a back up but we all know how long it takes to become "compitent" dealing with a reef tank...
  10. Z

MH Bulb ?

I have a question about bulb selection. On my 65 gallon that I am setting up I have a dual 250 watt pfo ballast. The current bulbs are old so I have to get new ones. I am also supplementing with 2 VHO bulbs. I think I should go old school with Iwasakis to maximize sps growth. With 2 vho actinics...
  11. Z

CO2 Reg. Question

I am fairly new to calcium reactors and piecing mine together. Is this a good requlator? CO2 Regulator Deluxe - Dual Gauge with Solenoid (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > CO2 > Regulators ) Do you have any other suggestions are brands? Thanks for any help.
  12. Z

Cleanup Crew Pref.

What is your ideal cleanup crew members? Snail? Shrimp? Crabs? Or a combo? Just curious on what everyones preference is. Personally I usually have lots of snails with a shrimp or two. Yes, I occasionally loose snails.
  13. Z

New Tank!

Well, I was preping to set-up a 29 gallon but had a slight change of plans. I found a good set-up from a local guy that is setting up a bigger tank. So here it is... 65 gallon glass tank with a med oak stained stand and canopy. 20 gallon sump with build in refugium. Has a sedra 700 forthe...
  14. Z

MRC Skimmers

I know I took about a two year break but I had (still have not running) MR-2 skimmer. I never see these mentioned anymore. I used this skimmer back then and it did an outstanding job. What do you guys think of these. Are these newer skimmers that much better? What are your pros/cons with them.
  15. Z

DIY Sump

Does anyone make sumps on here. I am interested in buying an acrylic sump but not looking to pay company prices. Let me know if you can help out. Thanks
  16. Z

Tell me about Phosban Reac.

... Tell me about Phosban reactors. I have never used these but am interested. First, do you use one. Can you tell a positive effect by using them. What brands are good, and how do they work (as far as set-up). I was just pondering using one when I set-up my 29 to contol "nano" parameters to...
  17. Z

New Light!

I just ordered these lights for my 20 I'm setting up. I was going to go with a 250 watter but got a decent deal from a guy upgrading to a bigger tank. Coralife 24 Inch Aqualight Pro, 1x150W HQI MH Lamp + 2x65W PC + 2x1W Lunar LED (24in )
  18. Z

Tank I seen on TV

Thought Iwould vent about this tank I seen on TV. This custom car shop on TV wanted a big tank. So they get a company comes in and puts a big tank in. Ok not so bad so far. But then they go on by saying this marine tank can hold between 150 to 200 fish lol. Then they start dumping in tons of...
  19. Z

Wow

I know a lot of people here may not like RC but check out the TOTM this month... Absolutely incredible!
  20. Z

Wavy Sea Experiences

Does anyone here use these. What do you like/dislike about them? How exactly do the work (off an external pump)? Just trying to get a feel for this product as I'm about to make some flow equipment purchases.