Tank I seen on TV

zy112

Thought Iwould vent about this tank I seen on TV. This custom car shop on TV wanted a big tank. So they get a company comes in and puts a big tank in. Ok not so bad so far. But then they go on by saying this marine tank can hold between 150 to 200 fish lol. Then they start dumping in tons of tangs and other fish. I'm just watching in disbelief and thinking about the ignorance...stick to cars lol!

Adam Black

It was a very nice tank! I'm sure they knew what they were doing. I saw the same thing and it didn't look like 200 fish in there.

Cassette87

There is a circuit city by my place that has about a 90 gallon tank with 2 fairly large lookdowns, a clown trigger, a large wrasse, and about 5-6 other fish. I get pissed at that LFS every time I look at the tank... they have their sign on top of it.. the guy there is a jerk, and he just proves it with that tank. Its sad to see things like this :(

lcstorc

How about going into an LFS and seeing a sohal tang in with seahorses? I was so upset I told the guy exactly why I would never step foot in his store again.

zy112

I dont know Adam they may know what there doing but there were tons of tangs... many of the same and then many different species

vdituri

On the bright side, I went into a Rubios Baja restaurant with a large tank 200+ with about 7-8 fish and the all looked happy. No corals, but they fish were all healthy. Ying and Yang.

Some people do it completely wrong and others get it right.

Lynn, you did the right thing. These places need to know that they are being watched and graded and when they do it wrong they are going to lose business.