Wavy Sea Experiences

zy112

Does anyone here use these. What do you like/dislike about them? How exactly do the work (off an external pump)? Just trying to get a feel for this product as I'm about to make some flow equipment purchases.

cioutlaw

Ive had really good luck with mine for the past 2 years. You can use an external pump(what i do) or mount a powerhead to it. I have 2 of them & push 1200gph through them & have actually pumped 2400gph through them at one time without a problem. operation is basicly you plug it in & it will turn 1 direction 360deg. & you can adjust rotation speed in 6 levels. You can also put in 2 set points so it will stop & turn the other direction, You would use this function if you mounted it to the side of the tank. I have mine mounted on the center braces & spin them 360deg.

Here are the only cons I can think of...after a power outage it is stationary until you hit a reset button & reset all your settings. Doesent take long but if your wavysea were to be pointing directly at an coral when the power went out it will stay there when the power comes on. You have to drill a anti siphon hole as they dont do anything for this but not a real big deal.

Here is there website Wavysea.com