Search results

1. redneckgearhead

I may be back......

Ok, my wife picked up the tank and it has no bottom plastic trim and the top one is in poor shape, (I didn't expect much for free). Some say it's no big deal but I'm gonna replace them. Found a place that sells these for most tank sizes and can custom make them if you want. Ordering them...
  2. redneckgearhead

Tank less for now....

Tank less for now....
  3. redneckgearhead

I may be back......

Hey everyone, it's been a few years and a few life changes since I've been on here and had a tank. But that may be changing. I broke down my 90 gallon reef a few years ago when my start up business got to busy for me to maintain it and work two full time jobs. Well life happens and the...
  4. redneckgearhead

Dumping change water?

I poured mine in the "rock" garden beside my drive thinking it would keep the grass from growing there and it did for a short time, but then I had a weed explosion! I couldn't keep the weeds cut back or killed for long, the more weeds I got the more sw I put on it, and the more weeds that came...
  5. redneckgearhead

My 120 gallon downgrade

Beautiful!
  6. redneckgearhead

My 120 gallon downgrade

Nice!
  7. redneckgearhead

What does everyone run for filtering water

This is going to be a long long battle. HA can survive on very little once it gets established. I fought the good fight for a long long time. NOTHING good happens fast in reefing.
  8. redneckgearhead

(Hair algae problem) How long to keep on aquarium lights?

I fought the dreaded HA and won. During that time I had my lights on 4 hours a day. Did it slow down my coral growth? I am sure it did, but it didn't "hurt" them. Leave your lights off for 3 days then do a water change. Do twice a week water changes (leaving the lights off for 3 days prior...
  9. redneckgearhead

may2024's 75 Upgrade

Looks good
  10. redneckgearhead

Case Of The Unknown Poop....Solved!!

Sounds like you might need some more flow in that tank if snail poop is covering your sand.
  11. redneckgearhead

BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

Awesome!
  12. redneckgearhead

Water Change Container

Is there a camping/rv store near you? They usually carry water storage tanks for RV's and camping in various sizes and shapes. How many gallon are you looking for? Walmart carries this Reliance Products - Hydroller 8-Gallon Wheeled Water Container - Walmart.com
  13. redneckgearhead

What does everyone run for filtering water

Water changes. This sounds like the normal "cycle" of algae blooms on a "new" tank set up. I would add some phosban just because. Your numbers will almost always be 0's if you have HA. It is very very good at consuming N/P.
  14. redneckgearhead

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

They make a grow bulb for plants for t5 fixtures. I know some use those. I don't think the actinics will do anything to promote algae growth. Yes, you need off time. I'd go 16 hours on a day to start.
  15. redneckgearhead

yankieman's 210 gal conversion

Labor day weekend huh? My wife and I are going to Key west around the first of august maybe I can play with the dates and swing by....I can see it now. 'Sorry babe they wont let me have the planned dates off from work, only time I can get off is around labor day." and then I can suggest we...
  16. redneckgearhead

may2024's 75 Upgrade

Moving right along. looks good
  17. redneckgearhead

47 Gallon Mantis Column of Death.

AWESOME! That gives me an idea for the wifes hex tank once I switch her fish over to the 30 gallon......
  18. redneckgearhead

Double invader whammy

Boil some ro water and squirt it on the offending pests with a syringe and they will disappear.
  19. redneckgearhead

Carl's 300g reef build

I had to add phosban in my overflow and a denitrater in an old water filter housing with a pump hooked to it to finally defeat the dreaded ha. I fought it for almost 2 years off and on. Good luck.