may2024's 75 Upgrade

may2024

Well I broke down and ordered a new LED light fixture for the 75 seeing how the post office lost half of my other lights. It is user-defined programmable with (CREE-XPE, BRIDGELUX) 3 watt LED’s. It’s still 7 to 10 days out when it comes in and I have it up and running I’ll write a review for it. I’ve talked to a couple of people that have bought them and they all had good feedback about the lights.
T2eC16NHJGE9nm3orBQdhTNq060_12_zpse2b82647.jpg
[/IMG]
T2eC16VHJGwE9nyTd9EBQdhTNcbu60_12_zps035f21d3.jpg
[/IMG]

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hey Larry, Great tank thread you have going. I'll be following along. Good to see another Arkansan on here!

may2024

New Stuff

Got going a little early today and made it to the LFS and picked up some seed rock for my 75. Being I still have no white lights I pulled out my old t5 fixture and set it on top of the tank till the new lights arrive.
DSCN1574_zps40ee06d8.jpg
[/IMG]

Got home just in time to catch the UPS guy. It's just like Christmas
DSCN1584_zps19a47ddf.jpg
[/IMG]
I hope it works as good as the reviews stated.

may2024

No Canopy but skimmers great

Picked up the stand that I’m modifying into a canopy dropped it off at the house, went out to get a few things done came back pulled the cardboard back and realized that it was not the right stand. Right size right color wrong model of coarse LFS was closed. Will have to return it on Monday there displaying mine on the floor gota love that. I did get the new skimmer installed and running and it’s as nice as the reviews said, super simple setup. Glad I didn’t buy the next size up it would not have fit.
DSCN1601_zps2f613c39.jpg
[/IMG]
Added a partial cleanup crew a few crabs and snails and a blue green Chromis
DSCN1585_zpse6ef3447.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1586_zpsa38751b7.jpg
[/IMG]

may2024

Thanks hitting a few bumps but I'm getting there. Temp probe, new pc4 and switch wires came in for my reef controller this morning. Hoping to get those on tonight and a small water change that will pretty much put me on hold till the new lights arrive.

may2024

ATO running QT down

Well I won't be getting anything done this weekend I have to drive my wife to Houston her sister in-law is in the hospital. Ya know that sounded kind of selfish but it wasn’t meant that way. I have managed over the last couple of days to rig up a temporary float for my sump and get an ATO running. Other less productive things I’ve managed to do include spilling saltwater on the digital timer running the lights on my QT. Took out the timer and the lights power supply. So the fish in the QT are now in the 75 there was only two. A Saddleback clown and a Yellow goby.
DSCN1608_zpsc758e382.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1607_zpse30cd040.jpg
[/IMG]
The holder for the float is made of stainless pipe fittings the pipe doesn’t actually touch the water.
DSCN1605_zps1af15e57.jpg
[/IMG]
Seeing how I only have one float I’m only putting enough water in the ATO for a few days. That way if something goes wrong the sump won’t over flow or dump to mush RO into the tank.
DSCN1606_zps537bcdf3.jpg
[/IMG]

may2024

Canopy

Well I finally got that stand for the canopy and started modifying it. I removed the center brace and end braces sealed all the seams with black silicone closed the back off and cut electrical access an a opening for my controllers him (human interface module).
DSCN1615_zps926119cd.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1619_zpsf7dac6b9.jpg
[/IMG]
I closed every thing up on the canopy to keep light from spilling out of every crack.
DSCN1622_zpsc37ae5b4.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1620_zps61892116.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1623_zpsbfc9f5b5.jpg
[/IMG]
Yep its upside down.
NewCanopy_zps92be527b.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1633_zps86f04a61.jpg
[/IMG]
You can see were I painted around the him it looks glossier than the rest of the stand in the photos that I took but doesn’t really stand out to the naked eye that much at all.
DSCN1626_zps79d09bab.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1627_zps596a84f4.jpg
[/IMG]
You can see her admiring our handy work in this picture so I might as well through one more up of my helper.
DSCN1628_zps6dec746d.jpg
[/IMG]

may2024

Thanks jerry26 I'm getting there.
I hope your finger is feeling better. oops I hope bhobbs finger is feeling better not yours

jerry26

Dude that stand canopy thing is genius. Does it go all the way to your ceiling? What was the idea that made you use a stand?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

may2024

Dude that stand canopy thing is genius. Does it go all the way to your ceiling? What was the idea that made you use a stand?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
They wanted 385 dollars for a canopy the stand cost 225 lots more room and it’s cheaper. It is about seven foot tall so it would work for 90 gallon tanks as well even with eight foot ceilings.

may2024

New Critters

Well, I was wrong about the glossy paint not standing out that bad. When the paint finally dried it was like a mirror compared to the rest of the canopy. Oh well nothing that a coat of black satin didn’t fix. There has been a couple of new arrivals two Zebra Gobies a small Frag of Frog Spawn and a couple of colonies of polyps.
DSCN1652_zpsafa353ca.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1654_zps4859e12d.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1653_zps75885664.jpg
[/IMG]
I haven’t got a good shot of the Zebra gobies yet they are a bit timid. Not to mention they swim through sand just about as well as they do water which really cuts down on the photo ops.lol
Heres one of the yellow goby.
DSCN1635_zps4f4b298e.jpg
[/IMG]
And Scooter the Scooter Blenny.
DSCN1634_zps43b43cbe.jpg
[/IMG]
Hes a hard little bugger to catch in focus.