Share This Page

whippetguy

Well-Known Member, Male, from Little Rock, AR

RS STAFF PREMIUM
whippetguy was last seen:
Sep 11, 2017
    1. Andy
      Andy
      just interested as i have been looking for an upgrade and i have had good experience withe the plug and plays. im a fan of closed hoods, no matter what lighting i ran with my last tank keeping salinity pinpoint accurate was a nightmare with an open top due to evap. Have you modified the filtration? im nt a huge fan of the biological and mechanical media in most of the RSM tanks there too efficient and make nitrates a pain. It looks amazing tho. like the rsm s series too but open top and huge price put me off. Does the tanks powerhead and pumps give good enough random flow?
    2. whippetguy
      whippetguy
      I love mine. I've modified mine a lot, but not out of necessity. They do run on the warm side with the strong T5 lighting and a closed hood. A lot of people have beautiful tanks without running a chiller. Did you have any specific questions about the tank? You will need a new heater. I've not heard anything good about the RSM stock heater, but that's a small modification.
    3. Andy
      Andy
      hi there, wunderin what you think of the rsm 250 and are ther any upgrades needed?
  • About

Birthday:
    September 24
    I work
    Zip Code:
    Reef Chronicle:
    Yup
    Grew up in Arkansas, fortunate to have traveled extensively. My theory on life is if it's worth doing, do it right.

aquaria, orchids, whippets, travel and Razorbacks

Signature

-John 'whippetguy' http://dropc.am/p/pvC0DO

RRMAS Secretary
    RSM 250: Tunze Osmolator ATO, Vortech MP10w, LifeReef sump/refugium/skimmer, IM Mini-Max biopellet reactor, Radion LED
    Livestock: 2 black clowns, starry blenny, candy cane hogfish, yellowtail reef chromis, rbta, chalk bass
    Coral: primary LPS and softies, a few sps

Cadlights 50g: Super Reef Octopus 1000LSS skimmer, IM biopellet reactor, Autoaqua ATO, Radion LED
    Livestock: tailspot blenny, yellow wrasse, yasha goby, tiger pistol shrimp, African flameback angel, clarkii clown