Recent content by whippetguy

1. whippetguy

Srkd's RSR 450

I've just quit using them. I was catching more pods than clearing debris.
  2. whippetguy

Gyre or MP10

Having used both, I prefer the gyre.
  3. whippetguy

Clove polyps or not?

It's blue clavularia, also known as blue snowflake polyps. Unless you want it on every free space in your tank, I'd avoid it. I've just upgraded to a new tank and wouldn't use any of my old live rock simply because I didn't want that stuff everywhere again. It would even grow on my zoa and...
  4. whippetguy

Srkd's RSR 450

I have 2 Gyre 150's and I've tried several configurations and have ended up with having them on the sides horizontal, facing the middle of the tank. I have them at the lowest settings and get more flow than I really need.
  5. whippetguy

Srkd's RSR 450

If you don't have a lot of high flow demanding corals, adjust your gyre flow down a notch or two, or try several different placements.
  6. whippetguy

HELP! Almost lost my REFER 450!!!

Sorry that you had this happen, but thanks for posting so all of us fellow RSR owners can keep a look out for similar issues.
  7. whippetguy

HELP! Looking to start a SW reef tank

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! Great advice above.
  8. whippetguy

Juan's 300G+ Aparment Reef Tank Chronicle

Loved reading through your tank build. I always enjoyed your previous one as well. Glad to have you back.
  9. whippetguy

Hello.

Hi, welcome to Reef Sanctuary. Will be fun to watch your custom build come together.
  10. whippetguy

Green Bubble Algae

Brave one to say that, you are.
  11. whippetguy

Whippetguy's RSR 450

Thanks for all the nice comments! I managed to catch the hogfish and chromis to get them in their new home yesterday. Funny thing is that all the fish hang out on one side of the tank. I'm not sure they realize that they have twice the swim room now. Looking forward to getting some new coral...
  12. whippetguy

Whippetguy's RSR 450

As some of you already know by following my RSM 250 chronicle (http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/john-whippetguy-rsm-250.72114/), I recently purchased a Red Sea Reefer 450. I had modified my RSM 250 so much and made a few rookie mistakes with it being my first tank that I was...
  13. whippetguy

New Here

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!
  14. whippetguy

Mayja's RSR 450 Reef Adventure!

Congratulations!!
  15. whippetguy

Greetings Reef Sanctuary Community!

Welcome to the forum!