I may be back......

redneckgearhead

Hey everyone, it's been a few years and a few life changes since I've been on here and had a tank. But that may be changing. I broke down my 90 gallon reef a few years ago when my start up business got to busy for me to maintain it and work two full time jobs. Well life happens and the business got shut down and the family and I moved 880 miles away to the beautiful state of MN. I couldn't be happier. I sold all my equipment before the move and never planned on getting back in. Fast forward to now.

We recently purchased a house and are currently remodeling. Our 4 yo son had always loved the reef tank and would spend hours watching it and every time we would go to any place with live fish he wants to go look, so for Christmas this year we got him a ten gallon tank, stand, complete set up.

Then a few days ago the wife's talking to a coworker about it, the coworker says hey I got a 55 gallon tank, free if you want it. My reply was....maybe we can make it saltwater.....the wifes on board so in a few months I should be finished with the house and getting started on my new tank. It will be a FOWLER....at least in the beginning. Lol.

Scott

Last edited:

rostervandross

Nice, welcome back. Setting up a tank is really enjoyable. I just moved in to Tulsa recently myself and took a while to find a store worth supporting. But now I am pretty well self sufficient and don't have very many expenses.

redneckgearhead

Ok, my wife picked up the tank and it has no bottom plastic trim and the top one is in poor shape, (I didn't expect much for free). Some say it's no big deal but I'm gonna replace them. Found a place that sells these for most tank sizes and can custom make them if you want. Ordering them soon. I can't get to involved until I get my house living room remodeled or the wife just might strangle me lol.

Scott

Edit: wanted to add the site for tank frames incase someone else needs one. http://www.aquariumframeswholesale.com/frames

Last edited: